advertisement

[FS] Naim Audio Pre/Power Supply/Power amplifiers - warranted

Chris Tarling

Yellow Hound
Naim Audio NAC92 Pre amplifier and Naim Flatcap power supply
2 off Naim Audio NAP90 power amplifiers

Serviced, upgraded + balance of 5 year warranty.

All items serviced and upgraded by the very well regarded Sean Jacobs of Custom Hi-Fi Cables in Spring 2019.

CHC will allow the remainder of the CHC 5-year warranty to be transferred to the new owner, on the condition that you email CHC when you have confirmed your purchase with me so that CHC can keep your name on record as the new keeper.

Therefore these all have warranty to April 2024.

These classic Naim Audio 'olive' units are in excellent cosmetic condition. I was using these as a bi-amplified set up, with one NAP90 driving the bass frequencies and the other the mid & high frequencies.

With the modifications these punch well above their weight.

Comprising:
NAC92 - Includes Naim MM phono input cards. Preamp serviced and upgraded. Signal & feedback resistors & capacitors replaced and upgraded, plus reduced gain of preamp through resistor values (to reduce gain of the CD input).

Flatcap - Serviced & significantly upgraded. 2 off CHC-REG regulator modules fitted which substantially upgraded the performance. This is now essentially a Flatcap in name only.

2xNAP90 power amplifiers - Serviced & upgraded. Signal & feedback capacitors & resistors replaced/upgraded. Upgraded PSU reservoir capacitors to Nichicon KG Gold Tune type.

Naim Audio connecting cables included.

(Note: I would prefer to sell these as a complete bi-amp set up but I am prepared to split and sell the NAC92 & Flatcap together, and the NAP90 power amplifiers individually)

Collection from GL51 area (UK) preferred.

£1195 complete
£650 for NAC92 & Flatcap
£300 each for the NAP90s

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n2toxv]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2n2zY12]
[/url][/url]

I’m interested in a nap90 , as mine has started hissing loudly.
If you will post I’m in the Isle of Man
Thanks

Depressingly I still have these.
My pricing is little more than the cost of the upgrade and servicing work that has been carried out.
Each unit is excellent cosmetic condition.
They really do perform well above their station.

Still looking for their forever home - happy to split these to get them moving.
What I am asking is roughly the cost of the service and upgrade work that has been carried out - and they come with a warranty!!

Takes me back about 13years when I got back into hifi after many many years. It has taken a 52/135s to displace my 92/fc/90. Wouldn’t have bothered with anything in between. These are at a great price and will be more than most will need for many years to come. I’d definitely hold out for a good price so here’s a bump on me.

Takes me back about 13years when I got back into hifi after many many years. It has taken a 52/135s to displace my 92/fc/90. Wouldn’t have bothered with anything in between. These are at a great price and will be more than most will need for many years to come. I’d definitely hold out for a good price so here’s a bump on me.
Many thanks Paul
Have been offered some stupid bids - not from this forum I hasten to add.
This is a great set up - punches well above what the std version of this gear would.
The Flatcap in particular bears no relation to the original unit following Sean's upgrade.
Did I mention that they are all in fab cared-for condition?!

Can anyone advise how I can advertise these cost effectively on eBay?
I am aware that eBay has certain 'offers' for sellers but don't know how to access these. (I am a regular purchaser on eBay, but haven't ever sold anything there).
TIA

I am aware that eBay has certain 'offers' for sellers but don't know how to access these.

I don’t believe they’re accessed so much as offered - there’s an 80% off variable selling fees running this weekend, and they happen fairly regularly. I get emailed and can see and activate the offer from the eBay app.

I don’t believe they’re accessed so much as offered - there’s an 80% off variable selling fees running this weekend, and they happen fairly regularly. I get emailed and can see and activate the offer from the eBay app.
Many thanks. Perhaps because I have never sold anything via eBay (but bought lots)?

every other week you will get a message on a friday with a selling offer for 80% off selling fees.
open the message and click activate offer, beware if they don't sell by the time you get the next offer end the listings accept the new selling offer and re list , every 30 days if not sold they automatically relist but without the selling offer , don't get caught out it will cost you big, sell these with an offer for what your asking will cost around £40 in fees without offer you'd be looking at £150+

every other week you will get a message on a friday with a selling offer for 80% off selling fees.
open the message and click activate offer, beware if they don't sell by the time you get the next offer end the listings accept the new selling offer and re list , every 30 days if not sold they automatically relist but without the selling offer , don't get caught out it will cost you big, sell these with an offer for what your asking will cost around £40 in fees without offer you'd be looking at £150+

Thank you!!

I had a naim nac32.5 which came serviced from Sean jacobs and have always regretted selling it as it was a cracker. Good luck with sale.

Regards Brian

advertisement

Back