[FS] Naim 500

lyndon

pfm Member
For sale
Naim 500 & PS
original Burndies XLR-DINs & mains lead
Original boxes

this is immaculate
If you’re not too far from London I’ll deliver, help set it up and if you’re not impressed I’ll take it back home

£5,300

Lyndon

Hi, I am interested in your naim 500 if you still have it. if you do can you please let me know how old is it S/n and some photos please.
Thanks Emile

Hi Emile

I still have it although there are 3 other interested parties
Can you send your email address so I can send the pics

Lyndon

Hi
I think it’s about 2008
As I said if you send your email address I will send over pics which include the serial numbers

Lyndon

Where about in london are you? still no photos.
I’m in East Ham
But as I said in the ad if you’re not too far away I’m happy to deliver help you set it up and then if you don’t like it I’ll take it back home
Im conscious people may be apprehensive as it’s quite a bit of money and I’m also very confident in how good the amp is as I’m sure every other 500 owner will agree
hopefully you’ve got the pics now

Lyndon

Yes, just had a check myself
I think the 2008 must have been a previous one
I’ve had quite a few of these, this one has been sitting in the TV system which is probably excessive, I’ve had a change of plan for the telly which ultimately will slim everything down so hence this is up for grabs

lyndon

I am from newcastle but coming down to london tomorrow for few days .I was hoping to see it singing and dancing before buying it if thats possible?

No problem
Time is tight but I’m good for Saturday morning,
I can set the amp up on the bass drivers, they’re easiest for me to do, my amps are from the ground up treble, mid, bass, also for your perspective the 15” bass drivers represents the biggest demand on the amp
I’ll email my No. perhaps if you can call me tomorrow

lyndon

You said you had another amp from 2008 and you had quite a few of these.How come if you do not mind me asking?

I’ve got 3 on the HIFI system
I’m running an active system, hence my post saying I’ll set these up on the bass drivers as they’re easiest to get to
Active DBLs, hence the 15” bass drivers

lyndon

I thought naim had stopped offering the dr upgrade to older non dr products now. A service is £900 per box, so £1800 total and only needs doing every 15 years.

and I’m also very confident in how good the amp is as I’m sure every other 500 owner will agree

100%..... I picked up a none DR 500 a few months ago and the performance gap between this and my prevoius 300 is massive, not even close.

Naim for now have stopped the DR upgrades but this is a great price for Lyndon's 500 if you factor £1800 for a service its a third of the new 500DR.

Good luck the sale

advertisement

Back