advertisement

Naim 160 ( extruded case ) Problem

Barrie

veteran member
Hi all,
Ive just purchased a Mint Naim 160 ( Extruded case ) off EBay and plugged it into my Mint 12s only to find that its only working on 1 channell … sooooo i contacted the guy or the seller off ebay and he is saying sold as seen no returns but i paid a premium for it as it was so nice anyway ive left him a message before i take it up with PayPal as it is unfit for use…. The question is how can i check the amp to see if it has output on both boards and are the boards the same in the 160 as the 250 thanks in advance

Regards

Have you checked the cable? I sold a 250 to a guy and a connection in one of the plugs came away. Thankfully the guy was switched on, found the fault and fixed it.

The guy can't claim it is sold for spares or repair unless he states that in the listing. eBay/PayPal are getting harder to deal with though so good luck! You'll almost certainly have to return it to get a refund and use a tracked courier.

Grab a multimeter and stick it between the speaker sockets. If the DC offset is anything between + and - 20mV then all is probably well and you may have a signal/cable problem. Also check the 24v supply to the pre-amp. No prizes for guessing what that should read.

Right thanks for the reply’s ive now sorted it ….. i split the case and pulled all the fittings off a couple of times th make sure it wasn’t a shitty joking only to find the thick black cable Male that is soldered into the board came away, so i took it out and re soldered the pin and hey presto it’s working … cheers all

advertisement

Back