advertisement

nac 5 banana plugs, which one?

hski

pfm Member
Can someone please reccommend banana plugs for my nac 5 cable speaker termination? I was thinking of furutech or wireworld copper as well as silver can sound a little bright to me. Don't want to use spades as i will be getting jumper links to suit the cable. The audioquest 300 plugs look good and they have double set screws as well as small cable clamping screws. Choices, choices? Oh my limit is around 40.00 so don't wanna go overboard on this.

If I wasn't using the Naim plugs with that stuff, I'd use the big Deltrons. Not a fan of grub screws, though otherwise those AQ plugs are nice.

Can someone please reccommend banana plugs for my nac 5 cable speaker termination?
If you're using a Naim amp, use the Naim plugs that were supplied with it. Otherwise, regular Deltrons are fine. If your sockets are gold plated, I'd use the gold plated plugs to match. Otherwise, stick with the regular nickel plated ones.

the naim plugs ARE deltrons are they not? that was always my take
They are nothing like the Deltrons I’ve seen. I mean the ones that are right angled, with the black plastic housing that holds the two pins at the correct spacing to fit Naim amps and speakers.

They are nothing like the Deltrons I’ve seen. I mean the ones that are right angled, with the black plastic housing that holds the two pins at the correct spacing to fit Naim amps and speakers.

i meant the actual pins - the ones i used to have looked a LOT like deltrons - so i always thought they were - whereas the actual plastic housing are of course made for naim by someone else ...

Thanks guys, think i'm gonna get the wireworld silver one as they are all grey and have a lifetime guarantee or might send the cable off to get proffessionally cold welded with milty or chord bananas.

advertisement

Back