advertisement

"Mystery" Cart'

Vinny

pfm Member
Something a bit light-hearted, to tax your brains, most especially as I am not about to set up to be able to post a pic. :)
(Anyone want to post a pic', drop me a PM with your email)

Near certainly very old cart', stereo. Body very small by modern standards - looks to be made from gold-painted metal tube, around 10mm square and not much longer, but bevel-cut at the stylus end. The mounting plate is welded to the top of the cart'.
The front is cream plastic with a small rectangular gold "badge" in the top LH corner looked at front-on. The rear, is black plastic and the pins are very well labelled with one pin fitted with a long metal foil tag, maybe 8mm long.

What is it?
It plays - it was used to dem' the PT1 when I bought it, but not through anything like decent HiFi, so what it really sound like, I have no idea.

I can see exactly where the idea of B&O comes from, but there are gazillions of pic's online and so far no match.

Same goes for Empire.

The "badge" on the front must be significant. surely?

Overall length, ex. pins, is just 20mm

Also thought empire for the gold rectangular body and angled front, but cream and small logo? Not that I remember... Hmmm

That’ll be an old Stanton, maybe a 500 series. Came with a black or white stylus body with a small square on the front.
Pretty sure they didn’t have the cleaning brush attachment.

advertisement

Back