advertisement

My mobile phone is ugly :(

I’m not sure ugly phones have been a thing since the days of BlackBerrys and those horrible Vertu contraptions that people bought to show off their wealth.

Most phones are pretty similar looking these days, the only thing that turns me off is too much gold.

I’d even consider (shock horror) an Android phone if I wasn’t so invested in the Apple ecosystem, all the apps I’ve used since 2010 have come from the App Store, and I love my Apple Watch and iPad... and product Red is cool, I love the colours red. But it has to be said, there are some startlingly good Android phones available for sensible money, my cousin has an Honor model (not sure which model) that he paid about £300 for and it’s excellent.

I went Product Red with my 13 for the charity aspect, though the blue one is damn cool too this year. It’s a really nice colour. I do like the 12 & 13 aesthetically. Best looking iPhones since the 4 & 4S (which it is very similar to) IMO.

I need a new phone but the latest iPhone imo is ugly with its three camera lenses on the back., A canon DSLR has one, why the f does an iPhone need three - bragging rights and instant recognisability is my guess.
To be fair, quite a few phone manufacturers have multiple rear cameras these days… and you can change the lens on your DSLR to suit the job in hand, in fact you have to because in DSLR land, there’s no such thing as a one size fits all lens. The reason these phones have multiple cameras is to provide optimal performance in a wide range of situations. You always have your phone on you, so having one that works as a very decent compact camera (and they are very decent) is a great advantage for the amateur (or even professional) photographer… my Sony RX100 is tragically under used.

I went Product Red with my 13 for the charity aspect, though the blue one is damn cool too this year. It’s a really nice colour. I do like the 12 & 13 aesthetically. Best looking iPhones since the 4 & 4S (which it is very similar to) IMO.
I’m a sucker for colour, I like bright flamboyant colours, I’ve had product red phones since the iPhone 7, yes I picked them for the charity aspect but I do also love the colour… I drive a metallic yellow car, life is more interesting with colours.
I wish they offered the iPad Air 4 in product red, I’d have definitely bought that, but they don’t so I picked blue… If they’d offered the MacBook Pro in Product red…:D

advertisement

Back