advertisement

My Husband's Stupid Record Collection

The comments about the Beefheart albums are hilarious, some of my favourite albums dissected ruthlessly especially TMR. I must play them again tomorrow with new eyes!

Christ that's some words, a mini essay for each album. Great idea, if 1/10th of the words had been written.

Exhausting. I do revel in reading someone hating on TMR tho. I hated it too, then grew to think likely the best album of alltime just like Groening did.

Some obscure stuff, & then Bony M pops up. Crackers.

Capt

Was feeling rather inferior as I had none of the records listed until Wendy Carlos came up...always been a fan since Clockwork Orange.
The OST doesnt have all her compostions for the film, you have to get Wendy Carlos' Clockwork Orange for that.

This is the Cs? Anyway, the only bands I relate to so far are Beefheart (the only album I ever got rid of is Trout Mask Replica) and Chrome. Curiously, I have just ordered a CD of Half Machine From The Sun.

Was feeling rather inferior as I had none of the records listed until Wendy Carlos came up...always been a fan since Clockwork Orange.
The OST doesnt have all her compostions for the film, you have to get Wendy Carlos' Clockwork Orange for that.
A Clockwork Orange was my introduction to Carlos too. I bought the soundtrack and earlier releases a few days after seeing the film at our local Odeon! After that I bought all her releases.

A Clockwork Orange was my introduction to Carlos too.

Wendy Carlos was my introduction to A Clockwork Orange! I had her record (not the OST) long before I got to see the film (which was banned in the UK for a long while for some reason). As a bit of a electronic music geek I had a fair bit of that sort of stuff (Tomita too) along with all the TD, Kraftwerk etc. It taught me a lot about analogue synthesis in its own way.

I thought this thread rang a bell

This is from 2014. I recall a discussion about it on here at some point. I don't have a Tumblr log in - did she get to the end of the collection or did it peter out?

Edit - managed to find my Tumblr account and log in - she only got to the C's - lightweight. Maybe she was persuaded to do a Discogs catalogue instead šŸ˜‚

I'm now wondering why it finished. Boredom? Divorce? There's a potentially decent novel to be written here expiring the story. Where's Nick Hornby when you need him.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back