advertisement

My hifi sounds ace!

Uzinusa

Happy Chappy
I know I want to get some bigger drivers .. But even with humble nsats, my hifi sounds fabulous. Better than ever, and that's now been 23 yrs of hifi fun (modest investment). So I sit here with my 5 yr old and am amazed at what's surrounding me from this humble system of Mac/lavry/starfish, ncc200 and nsats.

Anyone else happy?

Thanks to the very interesting learning experience and advise I’ve gained since joining this site, coupled together with about 30 years of working in retail and dabbling with hifi, I too am at a very chuffed stage. However, I reckon my biggest gain has been meeting my other half about a decade ago. She doesn’t whinge or nag, but rather encourages. Maybe it’s because she’s a musician, or maybe she appreciates the more important things in life.
Guten Rutsch guys!

I've been listening to an average of ten full albums every day during the holiday season, and they all do it for me. My system is not only ace, it's every card in the deck.

James

Just enjoy it while it works. For the first time in years I'm getting a series of electronic failures. Les is repairing my cd player and my LP12 needs a manual push start to get going. And everything had been so well behaved for years!

Simon

Yep, I know that there are better systems out there. Also yes, I know there are things I could (& probably will) do to my system to make it even better. A better cartridge, better dac etc
But for now I am seriously happy with my set up, which for the record is
Michell Orbe/ekos/Dorian/EAR834p &
Mac-mini/Lavry dac/ hiface, with PureMusic into a
Graaf gm50 amp & Focal 1007be's.
Matt.

Very happy with the system. Can't wait to hear the Rega DAC, then I think I'll be done for a very long time. My current DAC is quite good, but I miss that Rega sound in my system. System consists of...

Bryston B60 integrated
Theta Cobalt 307 DAC
Apple TV Gen 1 as music server
Audio Physic Yara Evolution Bookshelf

I miss my Pro-Ject 1Xpression and Dynavector 10x5, as they don't fit in the new apartment. I'm not planning to stay here for too long, so I'm ok with them packed up for a year or 2.

Lovin' my setup!

Sonneteer Alabaster
Rega Saturn
Harbeth P3ESR

Van den Hul cables all around.

advertisement

Back