advertisement

My 301 and a new timber framed house

You could consider [an] isolation platform. Much cheaper than a seperate slab and portable if you move.

I've wondered in the past how a turntable might fare on one of these devices. They are properly engineered machines designed to isolate things like the sensitive high resolution measuring equipment used in metrology rooms. Might not be practical of course in a domestic environment and are unlikely to be compatible with any kind of actually bouncy floor. But should anyone comes across one of these say in an industrial liquidation sale it could make for an interesting experiment.

I've wondered in the past how a turntable might fare on one of these devices. They are properly engineered machines designed to isolate things like the sensitive high resolution measuring equipment used in metrology rooms. Might not be practical of course in a domestic environment and are unlikely to be compatible with any kind of actually bouncy floor. But should anyone comes across one of these say in an industrial liquidation sale it could make for an interesting experiment.
I’ve heard a Spiral Groove turntable in a room with a bouncy wooden floor. It really was impressive and worth considering as an option.

advertisement

Back