advertisement

musical paradise pre amp

Fitnessed

pfm Member

An interesting tube pre=amp ,do like the simplicity and the binding posts for capacitor swapouts...

I don’t have their preamp, but I do have their phonostage and it’s very good indeed. Appears very well put together internally, and Garry the owner / designer is very helpful. Plenty of valve rolling options, and I have changed all the coupling caps.

Only downside is that it’s enormous.

An interesting tube pre=amp ,do like the simplicity and the binding posts for capacitor swapouts...
What's the purpose of the capacitor swapping? Change in values, or just brands?

What's the purpose of the capacitor swapping? Change in values, or just brands?
In a nutshell it is for people who want to try the different varieties and apparent sound differences....

Personally like its relative simplicity lack of smd and miniaturized components leading to a servicing /fault headaches further down the line.

The main thing i like is the variable gain as it has dip switches to allow various valve swaps and gain attributes.

I run active ns 1000 and this is a great way to alter the gain to allow for me to swap in different valve amps and speakers etc,,,

You have to be a bit careful rolling the coupling caps: you’ll find the Vcap ODAMs recommended in various threads for the Musical Paradise amps, but this is a potentially expensive business.

advertisement

Back