advertisement

[FS] Musical Fidelity M2Si Integrated Amplifier - Black w/remote and power plug

Zaiden

pfm Member
PRICE: £300 (Special Delivery Included - Local Collection or Delivery in London also available)

After upgrading to a Musical Fidelity M6Si due to a fantastic opportunity I couldn't turn down, it's finally time for me to part ways with my first beloved hifi amplifier.

Purchased second hand from another London chap, it is in excellent condition with nary a scratch, smudge or marking on its black casing. Albeit no original box.

I'm hoping to find it a new home where it will be as loved, used, and appreciated as it was with me over the past two years.

Prospective buyers who can make it to North London are more than welcome to visit and audition these with the Martin Logan Motion 20, as well as the Kef Q300.

Speaker models I have had the chance to hear these with, that I felt this worked well:

S Tier - Martin Logan Motion 15/20/20i/35XTi; Kef Q100/150/300/350 series; BBC Mini Monitor type speakers (LS3/5A, Tannoy Autograph Mini, ProAc Tablette 8, etc)
A Tier - Dynaudio Emit M10/M20, 10, 20
B Tier - Amphion Xenon (I liked the general notes but suspect it would work significantly better with the bookshelf Amphion models, as I reckon 72W was simply not enough juice for the floor standing Xenons and its greater demand for Watts)
C Tier - Monitor Audio Gold Bookshelf Speakers (treble and midrange sounded disjointed/like there was gap between them); PMC Bookshelf Speakers (too sharp to my ears)

Note: There is no phono stage on this amplifier.

M2si - Specifications​

Output​

• Power: 72 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms; 137W into 4 ohms; 242W peaks into 2 ohms
  • Voltage: 22 Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz; onset of clipping
  • 62 Volts peak to peak
  • Current: 25 Amps peak to peak
  • Damping factor: 36
  • Output devices: 1 pair per channel

Line input​

• THD+N < 0.014 % typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
  • Signal / noise ratio > 96dB ‘A’-weighted
  • Input impedance 40 k Ohms
  • Frequency response +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz

Connections​

• Line level inputs 6 pairs line level RCA connectors
  • Line level outputs 1 pair line level RCA connectors, constant level TAPE outputs
  • 1 pair line level RCA connectors, preamp outputs for e.g. bi-amping
  • Speaker outputs 2 pairs 4mm banana plug/binding posts

Power requirement​

• Mains voltages 115/230VAC 50/60Hz (factory pre-set)
  • 100VAC 50/60Hz (alternative)
  • Consumption 320 Watts maximum

Weight​

• Unit only, unboxed 9.2 kg (20¼ lbs)
  • In shipping carton 13 kg (30⅔ lbs)

Dimensions​

• Wide 440 mm (17⅓”)
  • High, including feet 100 mm (4”)
  • Deep (front to back) including terminals 400 mm (15¾”)

The M2Si amplifier excels in delivering a light, airy treble and transforms female vocals into a lifelike, pristine experience.

Paired with my Martin Logan Motion 20 speakers, known for their demanding AMT tweeters, the M2Si effortlessly drives them (with 242W into 2 Ohms) to produce lush, lyrical trebles.

You'll enjoy crystal-clear string and percussive instruments, along with marvelous stereo imaging.

While it handles some bass, the performance on male vocals and a better sculpted bass are areas that could be improved upon. If these elements are crucial for you, you might want to consider other options.

As a young audiophile who's explored numerous speakers and amplifiers across the UK, I confidently recommend the M2Si for anyone looking for value in a budget or a beginner setup for their young that are into Taylor Swift/Beyonce/Billie Eilish/other popular female vocalists of the modern age. Or even the young that are into female soul or jazz vocals. It's absolutely a standout choice in its category!

(Images to follow - it's like 23:08 and way too dark to get any good pictures at present time)

Worked 9-5, came back from work social function, pretty dark once again - will try to get photos this weekend then.

advertisement

Back