advertisement

Musical Fidelity LS3/5A

Musical Fidelity also bringing back the A1 to match the LS3/5a
The LS3/5A was produced by several speaker manufacturers over many decades already. The Musical Fidelity A1 was always the perfect partner with its Class A amplification. The result was an astonishing clear, detailed and warm sound stage.

Doh! just realised that was musical fidelity, not mobile fidelity, please ignore my comment above! I have no idea who this is made by, sorry.

Musical Fidelity also bringing back the A1 to match the LS3/5a
The LS3/5A was produced by several speaker manufacturers over many decades already. The Musical Fidelity A1 was always the perfect partner with its Class A amplification. The result was an astonishing clear, detailed and warm sound stage.
Source for info? Makes sense with all this nostalgia reissues from all manufactureres. Currently using Croft integrated with my Falcon Q7s but would like to try class A at one point, and Sugden is a tad to expensive.

Seems like an unusual move by a brand with very little loudspeaker history & no history (to my knowledge) with LS3/5As.

Could it be a vanity project by Musical Fidelitys owners (see what I did there)? Easier sell with a historic British hifi brand name attached.

TS

the company claims that its version is "built on the original specifications" and "represents a revival of this classic and highly sought-after speaker system."
Musical Fidelity offer matching A1 class A amplifiers made in accordance with the specifications of the British Broadcasting Corporation BBC RD1976/29 - an impedance of 15 ohms and a sensitivity of 82.5 dB.
In Europe, Musical Fidelity's LS3/5a monitors cost €2,500.

a4c05e7-9ef2-4cd3-8569-bd1846c955ab.jpg

the company claims that its version is "built on the original specifications"

But that would be true, in theory at least, of every other LS3/5a. I've always understood it's a requisite of the licensing arrangement to build it and call it an LS3/5a. How many different licensed providers are there currently, half a dozen or so? Not exactly as if MF have discovered the long-lost secret recipe for building the things.

My original comment re this product was tongue in cheek, but the stuff you're quoting makes it sound as though the original author might benefit from a little more research. Or if you prefer, 'revival' my arse.

No, very definitely not even the Falcon B110 or the Falcon T27. We have a policy of not supplying OEM with Falcon drive units.

We've just been awarded the Stereophile Class A Award for the third year running for the Falcon Gold Badge LS3/5A, we don't wish to compromise that by having our drive units used by all and sundry. It’s a source of great satisfaction to the Falcon team that learn that all our hard work, attention to detail, and complete refusal to compromise production quality, or components, or workmanship is recognised by our peers with decades of experience of how audio components should and do actually sound.

advertisement

Back