advertisement

Musical crossword clue answer needed!

stephen bennett

Mr Enigma
Hi all

I've been doing the Q Prog special crossword and I have all the answers bar one. I've a pretty good idea what the answer is, as I have E_R_ (4 letters). However, I don't know exactly who they are talking about!

The clue is-

'Nobleman that commenced Harvest's boogie band'

('Harvest' refers to the record label)

Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards

Stephen

Ron The Mon said:
Stephen,
I thought I remembered you as being a guitar player and sort of just put two-and-two together. I heard "Eight Days a Week" earlier on the radio and wondered if it was you as the DJ said it was by Stephen Bennett? If it is you, cheers, I like it and may buy it.

If it's not you, well, umm, check it out, it's pretty cool.

Ron The Mon

Waaaay too much hair!

Ron The Mon said:
Stephen,
I thought I remembered you as being a guitar player and sort of just put two-and-two together. I heard "Eight Days a Week" earlier on the radio and wondered if it was you as the DJ said it was by Stephen Bennett? If it is you, cheers, I like it and may buy it.

If it's not you, well, umm, check it out, it's pretty cool.

Ron The Mon

That must be my nemesis, country guitarist Stephen Bennett.

I'm less hairy & mustachio'd!

Regards

Stephen

stephen bennett said:
'Nobleman that commenced Harvest's boogie band'
Hi Stephen

This is rather cryptic but I think the clue is 'commenced', ie. not started or started by.

I reckon it's Earl because of the band "Forest". Have a look at their bio on allmusic.com. If you google for "Earl Forest" that will bring up music related stuff.

Mick

If you've ever heard the Forest albums....well, I don't think "boogie" is the first word you'd look for :) The 1st one's pretty good though in a milder ISB way.

Stephen, hunour us for a second and give us the clue for whatever supplied the E. This is getting serious.

The E was from 'They devised the soundtrack for Bronco Bullfrog'. The 'E' is the 5th letter. All other clues fit the correct answer to this one!

Regards

Stephen

Ron The Mon said:
Stephen,
Are you sure about the Harvest part of the clue? Maybe I'm being Captain Obvious here but "nobleman" and "Earl" in a musical quiz always points to the Duke Of Earl.

Ron The Mon

That's what the clue said! And it is a 'Prog' crossword.

:D

Stephen

advertisement

Back