advertisement

Musical Box ( Genesis Take 2 )

viking

pfm Member
Went to see the Musical Box on Saturday. They are recreating the 1975 Lamb Lies Down On tour in all its "glory".

I missed the boat with Genesis the first time around ( too young - 7 ) and discovered their old catalogue through the prog rock "revival" of the 80's. The last thing I ever thought I would see was the Lamb performed live.

The band on the night were fantastic. Even the intros, exposition really, were the original Gabriel words ( so I am lead to believe ).
They played the lamb all the way through and finished with Musical Box and then Watcher of the Skies. As you would expect from a tribute banned they were note perfect ( at least to my ears )

I'm sure there are people that will belittle the efforts of a mere tribute band - but for someone who didn't have the chance to see the show the first time around it was unmissable.

Actually, a very convincing Phil Collins. In his proper place, on a drum-stool. The Musical Box are like stepping back in time and I, for one, am very glad that they bother...

Sounds quite fun. But how wierd to see "Genesis" and have "Watcher" as an encore. It was always an opener, from a dark stage.

Best;

Mark

Ah but Watcher was often a second encore on the Lamb tour, and that's what's being recreated here...

Originally posted by Mark EJ
Very fair comment. I must admit that I missed the Lamb tour (and have often regretted it),

Whereas I did and also regret it! Not that I would have missed the opportunity, but it was an inelegant end to that era and not at all representative of what a fantastic live band they were. Could be I went on a bad night.

I've seen footage of Musical Box - spooky! It really is like going back in time. Great stuff.

Cheers

advertisement

Back