advertisement

Mundorf Mlytic & BHC Kemet

To all the gap-fillers out there - I would do the job properly and get some smaller capacitor holders, they're cheap enough and it's easy to drill another hole or two for mounting them.

That was my first thought, but unfortunately it wouldn't work easily in this use case.

IMG_0432%20Medium.jpeg

The caps are mounted through a gap in chassis so it would need a couple of extenders (I was thinking Meccano 2-hole bars).

However, if you think there is something dangerous with my chosen approach let me know and I'll re-evaluate!

That was my first thought, but unfortunately it wouldn't work easily in this use case.

IMG_0432%20Medium.jpeg

The caps are mounted through a gap in chassis so it would need a couple of extenders (I was thinking Meccano 2-hole bars).

However, if you think there is something dangerous with my chosen approach let me know and I'll re-evaluate!
I'm not a fan of foam or silicone filling around capacitors that are too small for their holders and prefer to use some Nichicon KG as pictured below to get the right diameter for the same capacitance..........but it’s just me !

Reactions: S_J

advertisement

Back