advertisement

Multimeter

NB if you add a larger decoupling cap to this reference [on the aneng 8008/8009] - there are pads available for this purpose - the meter readings settles much faster. I can demonstrate if any one is interested...
I believe this sort of thing to be the very essence of what the DIY forum is about - demonstrate away!

BugBear

The aneng 8008/8009 is very good indeed, 9999 count and will measure sub-millivolt - it has a decent discreet voltage reference on board.

NB if you add a larger decoupling cap to this reference - there are pads available for this purpose - the meter readings settles much faster. I can demonstrate if any one is interested...

Yep I use one, I have a more expensive multimeter for if I am playing with mains and want safety but most of the time use a modded 8008, it's fast, accurate and the display is large and clear.

Resurrecting this as @Craig B is refusing to post any more electroniccy-stuff-I-don't-quite-get until I buy one to fault find on a Garrard SP25.

This looks to be the 8008 referred to above but just to check, would https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elenxs-True-RMS-Digital-Multimeter-Voltage/dp/B07P46V6Q9/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2MPVLFLJ82B75&keywords=aneng+8008&qid=1583594582&sprefix=Aneng+8008,aps,194&sr=8-6 be a decent budget choice for an amateur?

Yep it should be fine. Decent generic DMM's are 10 a penny these days...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Cheers both

Good find on the Lidl one Barry, comes in on Sunday. Think that'll do me, and it'll match the other Parkside stuff that lives a quiet life nicely boxed up in the shed.

Netto, yeah. Bright yellow signs.

I have a modern Proskit meter with a 4 digit display, very nice. I still use my old Maplin as for some things , a manual range setting is very useful

advertisement

Back