advertisement

Multi-function 2017/2018 football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neymar has told his Barca teammates he is off the PSG for £198 million, according to ITV News. Don't blame him.

It is a shame he isn't coming to Stamford Bridge. The directors in charge of the wallet at Chelsea are probably too busy chaining it down to even notice.

Jack

No, it evens things up over the course of the shoot-out.

It's just that Chelsea aren't very good at taking penalties.

No, it evens things up over the course of the shoot-out.

It's just that Chelsea aren't very good at taking penalties.

Yeah I know, you have just reminded of when the great Legend, Leader & T**t was taking a penalty against UTD in the Champions League Final the numb f*****r forgot he had his banana slippers on, fell on his arse and missed by a country b*****d mile arf,arf.

Matic looked good last night and I can see why Madrid want our keeper he's a much better keeper than the one they have now in fact our reserve keeper is better than him too!

The EPL will finish next year like this says Gassor McProphet.

1 Man Titty
2 Man Who
3 Chelsea buns
4 The Slurs
5 The Arses

Lukaku scored a simple goal that even a pfmer on walking sticks would have got in. However ...

He also missed a straightforward opportunity and went idiotically offside when Utd could have easily scored.

Glad we didn't pay £90 million for Lukaku the mong and £10 million to his agent.

On yeah, Utd still managed to lose. Keep up the good word, Jose.

Jack

Yes, United lost 2-1 to the best team in the world. So what?

Let's see if Lukaku outscores Murata during the season ahead, the latter couldn't even convert a penalty when Chelsea lost to Arsenal on Sunday. Conte has every reason to be hacked off with the club's board, he's only spent £140 million so far and pissed off Chelsea's leading striker who won't play for the club again. He makes Jose seem like a master of man management.

Conte has every reason to be hacked off with the club's board, he's only spent £140 million so far and pissed off Chelsea's leading striker who won't play for the club again. He makes Jose seem like a master of man management.

I think Conte is a good manager, very good in fact. It's guys like Costa who get up my nose - earning more in a week than most earn in a lifetime and then take the hump because the manager 'disrespected' them because he didn't run on the pitch and high five them every time they touched the ball. Worse than nursery kids.

It seems your complaint - completely justified IMO - is about the way money has taken over Premier League football. The rewards for the best are enormous yet the behaviour of some is like spoilt kids.

A manager like Sir Alex maintained control of his players but even he had problems with some. Less experienced ones like Conte are still learning, texting his leading scorer to say that he had no future in his plans shows he still has a lot to find out about handling prima donnas. No doubt Conte will move on soon, he has done at all his previous clubs.

I was looking forward to your critique of the Charity Shield, Jack... still, at least United are worth talking about three days later. Also.. any updates from the Metro on Chelsea signing Danny Drinkwater?

I was looking forward to your critique of the Charity Shield, Jack... still, at least United are worth talking about three days later. Also.. any updates from the Metro on Chelsea signing Danny Drinkwater?

The Charity Shield game means nothing. Mind you Chelsea were caught short in defence during the first half and they obviously missed Hazard. It was strange because they easily beat the Arses in Bejing a few weeks earlier, 3 - 0 I think it was.

Just in case anybody didn't see mong Lukaku's pathetic miss against Real, you can watch it here.

According to the Metro, Chelsea are going to bid £60million for Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk after Antonio Conte lambasted the board.

Rumour has it that Ross Barkley could end up at Stamford Bridge. I hope not, because he's not good or consistent enough. Plus he's moody and plays for himself rather than the team. Oxlade-Chamberlain is in the running and would be a much better fit.

We need one great defender to fill in for Matic and the godlike genius of John Terry. Another class striker is also required. Have we got them yet is the question.

Morata will apparently start in the game against Burnley on Saturday, so we will see if buying him for a lot of money from Real was worth it. His penalty miss against the Arses doesn't bode well.

As for letting Courtois take a penalty, that was the first big mistake I have seen Conte make.

Michael Owen blames midfielders David Luiz, Kante and Fabregas, for not stepping up before Courtois to take a penalty.

Meanwhile Courtois has offered himself to Real Madrid, according to the Daily Star. I wouldn't mind if he goes as long as we can get a world class keeper to replace him. He's never really seemed like a Chelsea player.

Jack

I know he only came on for last 15 minutes, but I was a bit alarmed by Ridiger. He was in completely the wrong place for the Arse goal. A defender who does not know what it is to get goalside of his man at a freekick is a bit of a concern. There were a couple of other occasions when he totally misjudged the flight of the ball. Why did we send Zouma out on loan and sell Ake? Both looked like top class defenders to me.

Come to that, why let Matic, and Chalobah go and then look to bring in Drinkwater? The people in charge of our transfer policy need to be sent to Siberia for a little correction.

Morata is getting roasted in the press, but I thought he looked good. Held the ball up and laid it off well, won a few flick on's and showed good movement to get on the end of a couple of balls, just needs to put it in the net!

Here we have a summary of 50 'experts'' from the BBC. AS always you pays your money and make your choice.

Overall predicted ranking, using all BBC predictions
(using system of 4 pts for a 1st place, 3 pts for 2nd, 2 pts for 3rd and 1 pt for 4th)

City 138 pts Man U 115 pts Chelsea 87 pts Liverpool 25 pts Arsenal 23 pts Spurs 12 pts

Top 3 are totally correct BTW :D

I'm just getting ready to leave for the Emirates v Leicester City my first Friday match for years I know they have them in the lower leagues sometimes but should be good no work tomorrow so a few beers are in order down the Caledonian Rd before kick off.

I'm just getting ready to leave for the Emirates v Leicester City my first Friday match for years I know they have them in the lower leagues sometimes but should be good no work tomorrow so a few beers are in order down the Caledonian Rd before kick off.

One of my best mates supports the Arses. He has had a season ticket for 32 years.

He is currently a student, in between doing a bit of A&R work, and has decided not to renew his season ticket.

His dad, also an Arse supporter, offered to buy him one, but he says he can't be bothered.

Was quite surprised by this. Been to the Emirates several times with him. Not a bad stadium. And we stood in the Arses/Shed end when Wenger's weirdos beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge about a decade ago.

Jack

Perry Groves said on TalkSPORT that Conte will be gone by Christmas.

"Conte isn’t happy with Michael Emenalo and Marina Granovskaia, who is the director. They’re the ones dealing with players.

"Antonio Conte has to go through those two first before he gets to Roman Abramovich and that’s where the problem lies."

Michael Emenalo and Marina Granovskaia are the pair that I have been moaning about for some time. They were the ones who stood in the way of Mourinho and wanted him to be sacked.

Abramovich should get shot of them. I mean who gives a monkey's about a once not great footballer who has since become Chelsea's technical director?

Conte warned when he was taken on that he would only stay if he got his way when it came to the team and transfers. This is why he left Juventus and it obviously isn't happening at Chelsea.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back