1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

MQA gone shy?

Discussion in 'audio' started by sls4321, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:35 AM.

1. sls4321

sls4321 pfm Member

It's the time of year that MQA publish their accounts and tell their shareholders about how they are going to take over the world by getting the major labels to use their folding for HD audio - and people will pay for it, eventually.

Unfortunately the major labels have decided that normal HD PCM is really rather good and Amazon is the place to sell it.

And total silence from MQA, their accounts filling has a nasty red overdue banner like one of those letters from the tax man. A "going concern" issue, perhaps?

Fretbuzz, martin clark, Emlin and 2 others like this.
  2. Mickdale

Mickdale Member

It good for tidal????

3. deserter

deserter pfm Member

We can but hope.

4. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer fourhundredandthirtytwo

5. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

I have a suspicion that people who have paid for MQA media will no longer be able to play it at full resolution as DACs fail, just like happened to HDCD

Cereal Killer likes this.
  6. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Po no not another supposed ground breaking high res promise biting the dust.

[​IMG]

7. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

Fortunately, the encoding details for HDCD found their way into the open and thus software decoding is now possible. Too soon to know if or when MQA will do the same, or if it is worth the bother. And people are still releasing HDCD players even though it is now out of copyright protection.

At present I'm not too fussed that MQA may be late filing. That's quite common for UK companies, despite being a legal requirement.