1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Motor Neurone trial

Discussion in 'off topic' started by hifinutt, Jan 15, 2020.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Mnd as I am sure you know is the most horrific disease.good to see on the BBC news tonight that there will be some clinical trials to help folks perhaps in the future.

2. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

You've just prompted me to make a charity donation. I was working out which medical charity I fancied.

hifinutt likes this.
  3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Let’s hope. There will be huge amounts of investment in the States into finding a treatment for this, unlike MS there’s really nothing. I used to know people at MND Scotland , the charity that funded this work. I had a friend who died of it recently and though it’s a rare condition, I know of two others through friends who’ve died from it.

hifinutt likes this.
  4. Derek Wright

Derek Wright pfm Member

Interestingly MND was talked about in the
    https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/rob-burrows.235907/
    Rob Burrows thread a few days ago,

What confuses the issue is that there are at least 3 names used by the public according to the country it is being discussed in eg Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease (MND) or Lou Gehrig's disease.

Under the Lou Gehrig name a lot of charity events are held in the US, perhaps we need to call the condition Stephen Hawking disease in the UK to increase awareness of the condition and help raise funds to help with funding research activity

5. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

My farther in law died from it, the interviews with people suffering are difficult to watch, as they talk just like he did.

Pete

hifinutt likes this.
  6. doctorf

doctorf left footed right winger

I went to visit a pal of mine in a local hospice this afternoon. He’s gone from a water sports instructor to near death in about 4 years.
    A very nasty disease.

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Indeed , seen it first hand a few times now and it is horrendous. Needs the support from physios, hospice , dietician etc