advertisement

Motor Neurone trial

hifinutt

hifinutt
Mnd as I am sure you know is the most horrific disease.good to see on the BBC news tonight that there will be some clinical trials to help folks perhaps in the future.

Let’s hope. There will be huge amounts of investment in the States into finding a treatment for this, unlike MS there’s really nothing. I used to know people at MND Scotland , the charity that funded this work. I had a friend who died of it recently and though it’s a rare condition, I know of two others through friends who’ve died from it.

Interestingly MND was talked about in the
https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/rob-burrows.235907/
Rob Burrows thread a few days ago,

What confuses the issue is that there are at least 3 names used by the public according to the country it is being discussed in eg Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease (MND) or Lou Gehrig's disease.

Under the Lou Gehrig name a lot of charity events are held in the US, perhaps we need to call the condition Stephen Hawking disease in the UK to increase awareness of the condition and help raise funds to help with funding research activity

My farther in law died from it, the interviews with people suffering are difficult to watch, as they talk just like he did.

Pete

I went to visit a pal of mine in a local hospice this afternoon. He’s gone from a water sports instructor to near death in about 4 years.
A very nasty disease.

Indeed , seen it first hand a few times now and it is horrendous. Needs the support from physios, hospice , dietician etc

advertisement

Back