Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Response D48

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • SM100

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

ryder

pfm Member
I'm curious to know about the most popular or preferred Proac speakers that people have listened to or currently own, ideally matched with Naim amps specifically 282/250DR.

I have owned the Proac Tablette 50 Signature many years ago but it didn't last very long in the system, only 3 months if I recall correctly. Didn't quite warm up to the sound. I was wondering if the latest Proacs are something special especially when matched with Naim amps and are somewhat keepers.

I owned the Proac Tablette 50 Signature many years ago

F.w.i.w.,I had the original Response 3, then R3.5 then R4 with Naim systems from 250 to 135s to valved mono's plus 82 +2x H.C. to 52 to 552 pre's. In all cases and in 3 different houses and 5 rooms, superb.

Don't know about more recent ProAc floor-standers, which have base positioned ports (should facilitate room positioning better) but ProAc and Naim were always symbiotic, so can't think that's changed. For stand-mounts, I would have gone for the R2., which prob. has a modern equivalent.

With such amps, Response D2 with a soft fabric tweeter would be my personal favorite if used in a small to medium room. They will be fast, accurate, punchy and musical like not many other speakers IMO.
Perfect for long listening sessions.
For large rooms, D20 with same tweeter would be my best although they may not be as lively as the D2.

advertisement

Back