advertisement

More Wokery at the National Trust

The Daily Mail is running with the alarming exclusive that National Trust scones are VEGAN!!!

Critics have condemned the use of a vegetable-based spread instead of butter in the baking as a 'virtue-signalling betrayal', in what looks like yet another woke row involving the charity.

Campaign group Restore Trust, which wants to rid the charity of its 'divisive ideologies' and 'activism', slammed the move.

Swivel-eyed loon Sir Bill Cash MP, who often has tea and scones in the House of Commons, said: 'It makes me wonder what will happen next – will they stop selling Madeira cake because of historical events in Madeira? There's far too much wokery going on at the National Trust, this is just the latest example.'

My Wife and I are members of the National Trust and we quite often the odd old house that serves Scones and tea. The scones are actually rather yummy.

Please tell me that this swivel eyed loonery is an April Fool joke. Oh hang on, no, it's the Daily Fascist, sorry, Mail.To

So, shock horror, scones can be made with vegetable fat if you wish. In other shock news, a salad made with cucumber, tomatoes and olives contains NO animal products, but is edible only if you are a woke, snowflake drip who likes that foreign muck (contd. on p. 94)

The Daily Mail is running with the alarming exclusive that National Trust scones are VEGAN!!!

Critics have condemned the use of a vegetable-based spread instead of butter in the baking as a 'virtue-signalling betrayal', in what looks like yet another woke row involving the charity.

Campaign group Restore Trust, which wants to rid the charity of its 'divisive ideologies' and 'activism', slammed the move.

Swivel-eyed loon Sir Bill Cash MP, who often has tea and scones in the House of Commons, said: 'It makes me wonder what will happen next – will they stop selling Madeira cake because of historical events in Madeira? There's far too much wokery going on at the National Trust, this is just the latest example.'
I think SirBill’s line was written for him by a nymphette at The Sun.

Scones-9.jpg

A scone
A much-loved staple enjoyed with jam and cream at tearooms across the country

Article summary

• A scone is a traditional British baked good
• It can be pronounced as either scone or scone
• Both pronunciations are acceptable but one is preferred
• Now it’s woke!
• You couldn’t make it up
• We write stupid shit for a living to create a spreadable froth jive turkeys can smear across their scone

Scones-9.jpg

A scone
A much-loved staple enjoyed with jam and cream at tearooms across the country

Article summary

• A scone is a traditional British baked good
• It can be pronounced as either scone or scone
• Both pronunciations are acceptable but one is preferred
• Now it’s woke!
• You couldn’t make it up
• We write stupid shit for a living to create a spreadable froth jive turkeys can smear across their scone
And now someone is even making them with dried cranberries and icing!

I genuinely didn’t know the NT didn’t use butter in their scones.

Whilst the whole ‘wokery’ thing is daft, it might explain why their scones are dry, claggy in the mouth and, frankly, not very pleasant.

NT Scones? Ppft! I very highly recommend NTs vegan curried cauliflower pasties - they’re teh orsomes.

advertisement

Back