advertisement

Mogami interconnects with Rega

Hi,
do you have a link to the best place to buy Mogami from? I have a Dynavector amp I'd like to try it with (Saturn CD player, Obs2 speakers). Any thougts on the best IC and speaker cable for this combo from Mogami?
Thanks,
L

Has anyone tried Hicon CM13? It seems rega is using them with their new Rega Couple.

I tried the Rega Couple 2 against the old Couple and prefered the older version. Now that may be due to the cable or plugs .... who knows ?

Hi,
do you have a link to the best place to buy Mogami from? I have a Dynavector amp I'd like to try it with (Saturn CD player, Obs2 speakers). Any thougts on the best IC and speaker cable for this combo from Mogami?
Thanks,
L
I have a similar system to yourself. After much swopping and changing over the last month Ihave settled for Mogami interconnects between WT Versalex and P75 phono stage and the same to L200 mk2 pre. Also between my L200 and HX100. However I prefered the Atlas Symmetrical between my Densen 440xs and pre. The Atlas Hyper 3 speaker cable was an easy choice over Mogami 4 core through both vinyl and CD. IC wise the CD player likes Atlas and the TT Mogami. No explanation as to why this is but it became obvious over time. As a side note the Atlas Eos mains cables work beautifully in our system. I use them throughout. Hope this helps and good luck!

I have a similar system to yourself. After much swopping and changing over the last month Ihave settled for Mogami interconnects between WT Versalex and P75 phono stage and the same to L200 mk2 pre. Also between my L200 and HX100. However I prefered the Atlas Symmetrical between my Densen 440xs and pre. The Atlas Hyper 3 speaker cable was an easy choice over Mogami 4 core through both vinyl and CD. IC wise the CD player likes Atlas and the TT Mogami. No explanation as to why this is but it became obvious over time. As a side note the Atlas Eos mains cables work beautifully in our system. I use them throughout. Hope this helps and good luck!
Thanks Rob400,
Not famliiar with the Atlas cables. I'll have to look into them. Crimson cables from the UK seem to be getting some nice press here in the US. Any thoughts. I've heard them called the poor mans Auditorim 23, although they are quie expensive compared to Mogami. about half the price of Auditorium 23's.
As an aside, I think you commented on this, but L200 vs 300?
Thanks again,
L

Thanks Rob400,
As an aside, I think you commented on this, but L200 vs 300?
Thanks again,
L
The mk2 L300 is a great pre amp and if you can afford it buy with confidence. It will be my next upgrade. My L200mk2 is a fine pre for the money though giving much of what the L300 does. Difficuilt to quantify the difference but if pushed I'd say similar to the HX1.2 to HX100 upgrade.

Hi,
Thanks,
L

I see you are from US.
I get all my cable & related bits from RedCo, Stratford, CT.
Dispite me being in UK or SA, they beat all I have found locally with a huge stock of everything a cable DIY'er (home brewer) could need.
Plus they will make it anyway you want, they even have a menu for you to design your own cable - Check out the www & call 'em
http://www.redco.com/

I'm looking for a new interconnect for my rega Apollo-r and heard the Mogami is very good. I'm currently using chord chameleon silver plus for my phono and dac but they are rare secondhand and I don't want to buy new unless I really have to. My setup is:

Rega rp6 with ZYX R50 cartridge
Tom Evans microgroove
Rega Brio-r
Rega Apollo-r
Rega DAC

Would it be better to sell the chord chameleons and buy 3x Mogamis?
i HAVE AN RP9 RB600 Exact into a rega mk1 Elicit and have great synergy with Sonic Link Red ?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I prefer WBT 0110 Arg plugs, followed by Eti Echmann Arg plugs. The modestly priced Mogamie 2549 cable delivers excellent results.

advertisement

Back