advertisement

[FS] Modwright SWL 9.0SE

the arc

pfm Member
For sale is my Modwright SWL 9.0SE valve preamp.

I've owned this since 2011, it was bought second-hand, and as that year coincided with the birth of my son, I can honestly say that it's had sparing use in the years since. When it did get use I highly enjoyed it and the only reason for selling is that the valve power amp with which it was paired has expired and I've replaced both with an integrated.

It's in great condition, with just one tiny mark, next to the volume control, which can be seen from the pic below, but chances are that will polish out. It comes with the supplied fairly generic One for All remote.

Unfortunately I don't have the box for this so pick-up would be greatly preferred or I could meet within a 50 miles radius. Located in the Tunbridge Wells area.

Looking for £650.

Exceptionally long and overcooked but very favourable original review here:
https://6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright/swl9se_2.html
and here:

IMG-2963.jpg

IMG-2964.jpg

IMG-2965.jpg

IMG-2963-copy.jpg

IMG-2967.jpg
IMG-2968.jpg

IMG-3046.jpg

Maybe you should buy it then ..

Honestly, I’d love to. Funds are too tight at the moment though, I’m time poor too with work and family commitments to drive to collect.

Someone within striking distance should jump on this though in my opinion. It really is a great preamp.

I've still got a very nice pair of 5687's from when I had mine if they're of any interest to whoever owns/is about to own this....

advertisement

Back