advertisement

Mini-Monitor Options For Nait 5Si.

Kt77

pfm Member
Hi All,

As it has been awhile since my last visit several years ago, but taking into account I've always known to gather the right insight into anything produced in the U.K., it's always best to rely upon the words ( truths ) of those whom have an opportunity to listen to said items more so then others around the globe......., as I took delivery of a slightly used minty Nait 5Si last Saturday, I'm currently reading through as many post as I'm able to find on just which brands of Mini's might best suit said amp?.

I'm aware of said brands like Linn | ProAc | Neat Acoustics | PMC | Dynaudio | Kudos | Epos, yet read that Dali seemingly offers a very nice synergy as well, unless of course I'm misreading into things?, my question is, as I'm trying to narrow my options down to either a pair of said Dali Oberon 3's ( $900|pr ) here in the USA, versus say a pair of the current released Dynaudio Evoke 10's ( $1.499|pr ) and would like to know if anyone here has heard either in tandem with any Naim gear? ( Kit ) as this time around I'm not looking to return to ProAc's, nor Neat and am trying my best to find sound recommendations on either, and be done with this once and for all......., as there comes a point in ones life where we all need to sit back and enjoy what's left of life with our loved ones, and simply build upon our music collections, and try to voice our systems in such a manner as to learn to enjoy what each brings long-term, and while strive for a sense of musicality as well as being able to obtain a truer sense of emotional involvement from our systems, I'd like to voice it in a manner that any genre of music is played back as equally responsive as the song before it, so in hindsight " I'm seeking a sense of correctness, or balance " which will then allow my mind and spirit to be drawn more into the abstract shadings of life, and away from all the negativity that surrounds those whom continue to fight in senseless wars just for the sake of greed.

My wife and music have both become vital sources in my life as I approach 62, where I'm just trying to spend each day the Creator allows me to awaken to, as another moment of sheer peace, and through both.........., I view life as complete.

Yet, am in need of said direction, as I'm simply unable to hear either of said speakers in-house, hence just needing some sort of insight into which might prove to be a wiser route to pursue?.

What say you?. I'd like to thank those whom are willing to assist me through this in advance, as well as wish all of you Season Greetings ( beforehand ) an even better New Year to each of you, and your loved ones.

Regards,
o_O scar

o_Oh. ( pun intended ) I should've mentioned after reading a few older post on alternatives to NAC-A5 here last week, I ordered a pair of Witch Hat Audio Phantom SCs, which should arrive this Wednesday. I've also obtained the entry level Fyne Audio F300's as well as a pair of Acoustic Energy AE300's as a means of seeing how each plays in tandem with said Nait 5Si?, at this point in life........., I'd much rather know said options, then not.

And have found over the cost of the last 5-8 years, one can't always base things on cost, as there have been moments where I began with a pair of say $1.200 ICs, which were later replaced within 3-5 tracks with ones costing a mere $250|1.2m, and guess what?, I'm not looking to replace them " like in ever ".

I await your verdict guys........., see this old guy through this, yet I'd ask that you be gentle, as I'm open-minded to change, yet will never except less then truth.

Stay well.

Hi Oscar, no real recommendations from me on the speaker end of things, as we have discussed the well trodden path previously! But I am watching and waiting for your thoughts on the little Fyne Audio! Have fun, relax and enjoy! Best wishes as always to you and yours!

Good morning Tim,

It's a nice surprise to see you're still visiting here as well. And while we've shared ideals on Naim, and cabling of late....., I merely was trying to get a feel on what some to which I believe should've a better chance of hearing said combinations as the result of what I'd assume are plenty of Naim users!, hence relying upon those whom should've a voice on said matters, more so then some over on say AudioGon, or AudioAsylum, whom can come across as rather biases at times!.

Yet in truth, it merely comes down to one or the other, as I'm beginning to believe that by owning upwards of 4-5 different flavors of Mini's, should prove more then enough in this lifetime.........., and once the speaker cables arrive stateside?, I do intend on giving those little Fyne Audio F300's a test drive, and if nothing else merely love them for what they're, versus aren't?, as Michelle loves their overall appearance, as well as that of the Nait 5Si, even mores then the Coda, go figure.

Now onto enjoying a freshly brewed, steaming cup of java......., do enjoy your time off, and more importantly your time with your Queen.

Much respect | admiration extended onto you and yours.
o_O scar

Right, I’ve no knowledge of Fyne audio, I’ve heard of them but that’s it. As for Dali VS Dynaudio, as a general rule, both make excellent products. In my experience, Dali tend to be quite up front and bright (in a good way) and Dynaudio tend to be rather warmer and more laid back (but also in a good way, they’re not boring by any means). You really need to listen to both.

Also, have you auditioned any ProAc models? I’d expect them to play quite nicely with your Naim kit.

Right, I’ve no knowledge of Fyne audio, I’ve heard of them but that’s it. As for Dali VS Dynaudio, as a general rule, both make excellent products. In my experience, Dali tend to be quite up front and bright (in a good way) and Dynaudio tend to be rather warmer and more laid back (but also in a good way, they’re not boring by any means). You really need to listen to both.

Also, have you auditioned any ProAc models? I’d expect them to play quite nicely with your Naim kit.

Hello linnformaniac83,

You've stressed a great point, and as I just noticed your responses on the topic titled " speakers for small rooms ", it seems you've more or less heard said brands I'm interested in, so I'm to take you for your word on their signatures, however here in the states, we don't have it as easy when it comes to demo'ing items in shops, nor at times in ones home and have to rely upon the insight of those whom have more exposure to said wares.

As my journey started more or less with a pair of ProAc Tablette MK 2's in 1988, to whereas I went on to own the 50 Signature | Signature 8 and finally a pair of Response One SCs in 2010, and have given thought to either the Neat Iota or Iota Alpha, yet of late wanted to venture off into an area I haven't had the pleasure of having in-house, other then several entry level pairs of System Audio 1005's and 1050(?) or something to this effect during the mid 90's, with the last pair seeing service between 2002 2006, at which point I went over to a pair of the Quad Model 11L's in 2006, then onto said Response One SCs and Devore Fidelity Gibbon 3's at the same time in 2010, which led to a pair of Totem Model One's ( original ) then their upscaled version merely referred to as " The One ", and currently have pairs of Harbeth P3-ESR's | Reference 3A Dulcet's | Fyne Audio F300's | Acoustic Energy AE300's in-house to rotate through........, yet there's a side of me craving to see what's possible, with said Dali Oberon 3's | Zensor 1's, and the Dynaudio Evoke 10's?, and possibly a used, but minty pair of their older designs like the Focus 140's or Excite 110's, in other words, just seeking change.

Yet I'd like to thank you for having chimed in, as it does offer me a certain amount of assurance in knowing what each brings to the table......., and for that alone, I'm most grateful.

o_Oh.

advertisement

Back