advertisement

Mini Monitor Guinea pig wanted

david ellwood

Kirabosi Kognoscente
I have developed a Mini Monitor par excellence, LS3/5a sized and built from corian.

I need someone close to York obsessed by their mini monitors prepared to reassess their reference, that is interested in testing and reviewing my creation.

PM me if interested?

Its an amazing material for speaker cabinets the Kroma speakers are also made of it.

It’s expensive to work and expensive to buy but the acoustic advantages are obvious.

If you like tight bass and fast transients!

Yes baffle is corian, helicoil inserts for fixings.

I’ve considered cnc’ing an mdf insert to make the drivers flush.

Could be interesting to have a listen and compare them to my DiscoCATs. I assume they are sealed boxes? What is the -3dB LF roll off frequency?

Yes sealed, I built these a number of years ago and only ever played them to Jonathan Ribee, he thought they compared well with his quads. I’ve got a first hamster in place but happy to get more feedback after their first placement. If anyone’s interested in making a pair of corian kan or Ls3/5a I’ve a second set of panels already cut.

It’s interesting that subsequent versions of the ATC SCM-7 did away with the metal front baffle. It’s the best mini-monitor I’ve heard.

1266437-a82771fc-atc-scm-7.jpg

advertisement

Back