advertisement

Mike Watt 9 minute treat.

Fortune Teller is fabulous. Unmistakably and distinctively Mould. I would happily put that on a Best of Bob LP should I ever compile one. The rest is perfectly fine. As said, I find that is the pattern with a lot of Mould's post-Black Sheets output. Some great songs rather than whole great albums.

Best track on CB that

@Tony L further to my nerding on D.Boon's DoubleNickels amp. From the gem of a show I found (#60) of them playing outdoors in Pedro small amphitheater (& from more nerding, this show just a month before his death too, poingnantly).. I ammend my conclusion of it to be: a Rivera era "Twin Reverb II". At 105 watts he'll not be cranking it into distortion, so, his OD tone will be here (& even more likely during recording), solely via the amp's gain channel (no pedal ever seen with DB).. & vol knob on the tele custom to vary the level.

So I was almost there thinking Rivera Concert.. which was likely a smaller version of the Twin Rev II you can see here (ie with 2 less 6L6 power tubes & single 12").

Captain Nerdlington.

My goodness, YouTube's just belched me this (34m) Minutemen peach up. Another! D.Boon's on fire in this too.

Just 3.3k views so I don't know what's going on. Picture good after 2mins. Enjoy..

Capt

advertisement

Back