advertisement

Midrange help needed

As you're already using a digital pre and Lyngdorf power amp I'd say changing to a Lyngdorf integrated with Room perfect may solve your room issues and hopefully would retain all the qualities you like and enjoy with your current set up.

The best advice here is in post #20 from 'gustav' otherwise it's just guessing. The soft furnishings you describe do not really represent room treatment though, as they are narrow-band absorbers and as such will help in the high frequencies only.

Measuring your room will allow you to see on a graph exactly where the problems are. You may have cancellation issues causing this.

My suggestion is to listen to your system as it is on closed headphones which will take, for this purpose, the room essentially out of the equation. If the 'missing mid range' is back to entertain then what could be the problem? ... it's the room! If the problem remains then start the laborious process of elimination.

Eversolo is on the cards I reckon
Another, cheaper option is a Wiim Pro. Has its own pretty good App with built in PEQ, to control spotty, Qobuz etc, and can also use the Chromecast protocol all for Ā£150. I got one for its Chromecast facility as the App only has the Non-Interactive Radio Paradise stream embedded so wanted to cast the interactive stream from my phone. However as its a upnp device I now control it with my Innuos Sense App following an Innuos update, so have access to the RP interactive stream. It really is a wicked little thing as it also reads the SSD in my ZenITH as well as my NAS so no lack of music.

advertisement

Back