advertisement

[FS] Micromega CD132 CD Player

RogerJW

pfm Member
This is the legendary Micromega CD132 upsampling CD player, in excellent condition (no visible marks at all). It has had very little use being in a second system in France which was rarely used - perhaps a month each year until Covid. It is fully working and has a really nice sound, not at all digital but full, organic and non-fatiguing. It would also make a nice CD transport with its digital out, but the internal DAC is very good - as with all Micromega digital equipment. Complete with original box, fully working remote, manuals in English and French. New it was over £1,300; asking £350. Delivery by arrangement or collection and inspection at Liverpool welcome.

NrHC54K.jpg

6ICJ8m3.jpg

jKxLTgi.jpg

tEx5SLc.jpg

5Cp4n9P.jpg

RArXSZN.jpg

5DjRDWq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming from the looks it's much later than the Stage 1-6 models. Any idea what year it came out and what dac chip it has?

I'm assuming from the looks it's much later than the Stage 1-6 models. Any idea what year it came out and what dac chip it has?

The chip is the Analogue Devices AD1853. One reviewer comments: "The AD1853 is very soft and warm in its sound structure. It is almost like listening to an LP."
I think the CD132 came out in the early 2000s, continuing for some years until superseded by the next generation of CD players, the equivalent being the CD30.
https://micromega.com/docs/press_cd30_diapason.pdf

Bump - just to add that in my view this out-performed a Rega Apollo R: more engaging and just better all round. I was very tempted to keep it but had already switched to a transport/separate dac set-up.

advertisement

Back