advertisement

Microdisney documentary on BBC4

Excellent, a great band IMO. I‘ve got most of their albums (We Hate You South African Bastards, Everybody Is Fantastic, & The Clock Comes Down The Stairs) and I likewise found them via Peel. Cathal Coughlan went on to form Fatima Mansions and sadly died a couple of years ago. Really pleased to see them get a documentary.

One of my favourite bands from that era.
I've still got my membership badge, pencil and fanclub booklet sent by 'Tiger Ward' (rumoured to be Cathal himself).

Edit: Cathal's last solo album before he passed 'Song Of Co-Aklan' is well worth a listen.

Ah, Sean O’Hagan… always found his writing just a bit too saccharine and nostalgic, if impressively scored. Will be interesting to hear how he contributed to this band, who are totally new to me…

Ah, Sean O’Hagan… always found his writing just a bit too saccharine and nostalgic, if impressively scored. Will be interesting to hear how he contributed to this band, who are totally new to me...
Without a doubt, he contributed massively to Microdisney.
Not all of his writing was saccharine either.....Try the track '464' as an example;)

advertisement

Back