advertisement

[FS/SWAP] MHDT Pagoda DAC

karlsushi

pfm Member
Looking for a nice DAC with an internal volume control for trade with my MHDT Pagoda (which is a fixed output DAC).

The Pagoda is a fabulous DAC and a great option for anyone wondering what R2R technology can do at a sensible price. Uses the classic PCM1704 chip (widely regarded as one of the best of the classic chips) and uses a valve output buffer stage. I even have a converter so you can use any 6922/E88CC/6DJ8 valve, which in my view takes the DAC up a notch in terms of performance and allows for much more rolling opportunity.

In excellent condition and comes with original box/packaging. Purchased new direct from MHDT Labs in Taiwan in December 2021. With import fees etc it cost me around £1500, so looking for something of that kind of standard as a trade.

May be willing to sell for the right price though, so feel free to make me an offer if you're interested. These don't come up often.

Ridiculous ASR review aside, you won't hear a bad word said about the MHDT DACs. They are lovely sounding things and this particular unit replaced a Chord Qutest at the time.

Top of my list for a trade at the minute is an RME ADI-2, but looking for anything around that kind of quality as long as it has a decent internal volume control.

Based in the East Midlands near Melton Mowbray. In-person swap would be preferred as I don't trust couriers.

Cheers

53005930823_85dc51a71d_w.jpg

53004859927_fae6b76b9b_w.jpg

53005443636_df61311ba1_w.jpg

advertisement

Back