advertisement

Meridian M10

Purité Audio

Trade: Purite Audio
For sale a really gorgeous pair of Meridian M10 active loudspeakers, I sincerely doubt there is a nicer pair available anywhere, this pair have only had two owners from new ‘Poco a Poco’ a long time member of this forum purchased them from Subjective Audio in Mornington crescent he specified they be adapted at the factory for AES.
They are in superb condition and work perfectly and in terms of sound quality they give many modern designs a run for there money.
I don’t have the original boxes and collection in person from North London would be preferable.
Looking for round £1500.

Keith

Jim ( poco a poco) the original owner ( for 38 years) of these speakers has posted about them in the ‘classic’ section M2 thread,
I repost it here
If anyone fancies an excellent pair of Meridian M10’s Keith at Purite has my old pair that I owned from new and had for 38 years are for sale in the Trade Sales thread https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/meridian-m10.260950/#post-4512051
These are still in excellent condition. They had better tweeter plates fitted than standard for the Kef T33’s and I also had xlr sockets and a better supporting plate for these as well. All were fitted prior to production after discussions with my deal Howard Popeck then running Subjective Audio and Colin Howard then with Meridian. They were very reliable all the time I had them with the exception that Meridian replaced one tweeter once and fully checked them over.

I found nothing better that I could afford or would fit and work in my room all the time I had them, but finally traded them in with Keith for a pair of Dutch & Dutch 8c’s about 2 years ago. Keith was keeping them for his self originally as a Meridian fan, but now is selling them. The D&D’s are better but at a much higher price and mainly because of the DSP room correction they have. I would have kept them, but I don’t have room for two pairs of speakers and SWIMBO said one pair had to go. It is though still a case of diminishing returns compared to the D&D’s So in my (possibly biased) opinion this pair is a bargain at the price Keith is asking.

Without covers, they really are in exceptional condition both mechanically and cosmetically, Jim really looked after them.

Keith

There is one mark on one of the rear passive radiators, but it is only superficial and does not affect performance,

Keith

Meridian M10 bump, seven active drivers plus passive bass radiator, they were absolutely state of the art back in 1981 and still hold their own today.
Keith

On Ebay can’t quite remember when the auction ends, if you look under Meridian in the ‘audio’visual’ section.
Keith

advertisement

Back