advertisement

Meridian car audio system

Unfortunately this best sound system is VERY expensive. We had an AC289 Cobra replica and this also had a great sound system at a fraction of the price :)

I bought the F355 when they cost sensible money (10 years ago). Trouble is, I sold it when they were still fetching sensible money. Oh well, at least it didn't lose me any money unlike most of the HiFi I have bought over the years!

Cobra replicas do indeed have great sound systems, but they too are not exactly budget items!

I'm ordering my new Bentley tomorrow with the Naim sound system. It sounds really excellent. Assuming I win the Lottery tonight of course.

I bought the F355 when they cost sensible money (10 years ago). Trouble is, I sold it when they were still fetching sensible money. Oh well, at least it didn't lose me any money unlike most of the HiFi I have bought over the years!

Cobra replicas do indeed have great sound systems, but they too are not exactly budget items!

We had a top spec Hawk 289 built for us by a friend which including labour cost £18000 (we kept all receipts), and we sold it 7 years later for £14,500. The 7 years were fantastic. Best investment we ever made. It is now 20 years old and we are in contact with the owner who says it is still running very reliably (and he does big mileages in it). It must be worth a lot more now, but who cares! Like you we just appreciate having owned a special car.

Nic P

any chance of more audio on this thread? It seems to have turned to cars? Which are of course fun, but its not an audio thread then is it?

We had a top spec Hawk 289 built for us by a friend which including labour cost £18000 (we kept all receipts), and we sold it 7 years later for £14,500. The 7 years were fantastic. Best investment we ever made. It is now 20 years old and we are in contact with the owner who says it is still running very reliably (and he does big mileages in it). It must be worth a lot more now, but who cares! Like you we just appreciate having owned a special car.

Nic P

Glad you enjoyed it!

(Sorry about the thread hijack.)

I had a brand new XJ whilst my Porsche was being attended to.

The Meridian sound system in that was spanking. Best in car I have ever heard. Seriously impressed. The stock effort in the Porsche is a joke by comparison. Mind you, I could have paid for a Burmester system in the Porker, but the price was crazy.

advertisement

Back