advertisement

Mega Factories - B&W.

Rack Kit

pfm Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mNgYU-3ULc&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Ok, i admit it's not a pukka National Geographic Megafactories video production but one that looks like it's been done by a punter on a factory visit but it's still good enough to show what goes on.

I had no idea B&W produced speakers on such a scale - they really do spit them out of that factory!

No idea how they sound but i've always loved the looks of their 802Ds and i'm sure the Nautilus is based on H.R Giger's Alien.

Wow its quite an operation.
I think i am stuck in some h&s hell, all i could think was they had no masks on!

VERY nice facility, what an investment, shows some commitment to keep that in UK & not move to the far east

But its alarming to see so much value that must be tied up in unfinished inventory
(Only Production Mngrs will understand that one)

Mike-B, B&W famously use a JIT process nothing but part finished cabinets and diamond tweeters are held for longer than 14 days.

A really interesting video I was surprised to see that many Nautilus speakers being made! A very serious operation. Good on them!

A really interesting video I was surprised to see that many Nautilus speakers being made! A very serious operation. Good on them!

I was surprised at that too - the 800 series seemed to be flying out too and they aren't exactly cheap either. I bet a fair percentage head out to the far East.

Did anyone else spot the bin for Bentley? I thought Naim did their car audio kit but maybe it's just the electronics?

advertisement

Back