advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...in a less audacious tone, would love to see any boards that may have been freshly populated :)

Thanks and no pressure intended

I seem to have managed to sign up without actually creating a profile, have been included in the LakeWest group by JohnW so can keep up with events, and have no intention of ever posting. If I eventually get removed as 'inactive', so be it.

I'll still post here - but Facebook allows a closed group and also I can easily post pictures and videos which makes daily updates easier... PFM has no means to host images and free image hosting services are full of adverts / spam etc.

Personally I have no love for Facebook and plan only to use it for the "Lakewest group".

I've been so busy with production and other designs that I find it hard to find the time to post here - with FB I can just snap a few pictures - pictures can say more then words...

Yes its very entertaining, i cannot wait for when the FDAC comes into the frontstage. I have developed my understanding so much since this started, very very interested to apply what i know to the discussions in relation.

I've been so busy with production and other designs that I find it hard to find the time to post here - with FB I can just snap a few pictures - pictures can say more then words...

Dear John,

Please accept my request to join your facebook group.

Halook

If you read what John has written, the weekly (or thereabouts) updates will still appear here, and presumably so will discussion: in addition it's the work of a few seconds to snap and post pictures on facebook which show how things are progressing from day to day. If you choose not to see them, fine, but the two are not mutually exclusive, so I can't see any logic at all behind the negative reactions.

Not everyone has, or wants, such an account. If all the interesting discussions are held there, I think the customer base will dwindle over time.

Well, there's a new take on the commercial benefits of social media. You do realise there are businesses that make millions SOLELY through marketing on social media. Or maybe you think it's voodoo and the Internet will never catch on.

Too bad, realy too bad. I always enjoyed reading and discussing here. But I'm definitely not going to FB! Too bad the group fell apart because of FB.
I asked Tony a few days ago about a closed group here within the board. Let's see when he answers.

You're not joining Facebook. Good god. How will they manage without you?

Facebook is what you make it.

You are not required to air your dirty linen in public. It is only optional.

FB gives John the control over his page to delete unhelpful posts (and their authors) if it becomes strictly necessary....

I like it for the notifications of new posts, the sense of dealing with real people with real identities and the ease with which you can post pictures without having to host them.

PFM is always going to be the area where we can discuss the designs - but FB with its ability to easily post pictures and videos will serve as a daily "photo dairy" - so those who are on FB are more connected with whats happening here in the Lab.

I repeat - I don't like FB, but it does have its mentioned advantages - but not as an area for discussion...

Our internal DevDAC PCB - without the dual ES9038 DAC's mounted and the surrounding heat sensitive polypropylene Capacitors - these will be mounted once the PCB is tested and its safe to mount the DAC's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh0txj7iilvz56k/Completed Sans DACs.JPG?dl=0

Not only are the ESS Dac's expensive, but we only have a few Pcs. in stock - so I dont want to risk damaging them if there's a problem on the PCB...

One of the "extra" hidden cost of production is the "repair costs" to boards that have issues on first power-up and damage components.

The risk is much higher here as its a new design and there can very easily be design errors - or I made an error programming the SMT machine (incorrect component or orientation) - in addition to manufacturing defects.

Its part of the challenge when working on a Virgin board on first power-up, are any faults design related or are they simply build errors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back