advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you thought about that your matters take time from the rest of us?

Changing your mind in this hobby always cost money. I never got a refund when upgrading and lost money selling, but that is how it is!

For instance if you or others decide that you don't want the Detox then WRITE OFF the £50. You have still saved £150 by not getting one. Is the glass half full or half empty!

I am getting tired of the thread getting spammed by this refund discussion which is pointless because it has been said again and again that development contributions is non refundable.
How many times does it have to be repeated?

Hello Rune,
you are so right. I´m also tired of reading, waiting and discussing. But it is not your money!
So, if money is no big problem for you, you could take over my positions and I will immediately shut up.

Hello Rune,
So, if money is no big problem for you, you could take over my positions and I will immediately shut up.
No I do not want to take over your position. I think I am more than covered already.

Money is a problem for all of us but when the money is spend you can't get them back.

setting aside Mdac2, detox & streamer developments for a moment

I'd like to know specifically where my £2200 for vfet initial payment has been spent and when I might expect something

finding it hard to see where that development has been going

must be getting on for 3 year since my payment

total investment so far FDAC L3, 2 Detox and VFET

setting aside Mdac2, detox & streamer developments for a moment

I'd like to know specifically where my £2200 for vfet initial payment has been spent and when I might expect something

finding it hard to see where that development has been going

must be getting on for 3 year since my payment

total investment so far FDAC L3, 2 Detox and VFET

Stephen,

For the VFET I sourced the major parts - VFETs, tubes, Displays, 8200MB donor units etc - we are in urgent need of better amps in the Lab so as soon as the MDAC2 has been shipped I'll work on the VFET amps.

I can see the VFET Amps design starting in earnest around Christmas. Once we build the Detox this gives me an idea of what to expect for MDAC2 production - I hope all MDAC2's to be shipped by Christmas. the VFET's will take around two months to complete to prototype units once I start on the PCB design - schematics and lab bench prototypes have been already completed.

For Detox and MDAC2 we only plan single production runs to avoid time detractions to the VFET / FDAC.

If your in need of amplifiers I can ship the brand new donor 8200MB's until we start VFET production.

Wasn't there plans for own custom case for VFET which makes donor 8200MB unecessary?

Yes indeed, but I'd already purchased the 8200MB's before the change to the new chassis concept - so I'm keeping the 8200MB's until I need to convert back into cash to pay for the VFET chassis...

Today we issued the A03 production version of MDAC2 streamer PCB with the option to add onboard eMMC memory and rear headphone jack for MDAC2's fitted with the updated front panel:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cjnltls9rlrow9/MDAC2 CM3 A03 1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpa1xqh9ar3fco6/MDAC2 CM3 A03 2.jpg?dl=0

We also issued PCB to test a couple of Streamer to LCD interface PCB's options - we are still working to confirm if we proceed with our "dream" MDAC front panel update - while keeping a less ambitious design as a backup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0v6nwhcbzeirx6/MDAC2 4.3Inch LCD panel interface.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbanikqt5uy18ix/MDAC2 9inch LCD panel interface.jpg?dl=0

while keeping a less ambitious design as a backup.
I silently hope that design makes it into production as well. :) I'd like as "bare bones" DAC as possible (no streamer or any >1GHz CPU inside), just gimme USB and SPDIF and I'm happy bunny. I theoretically don't need physical buttons or even the display, just near-pure analog stage goodness.

What does issued mean John? To a layman of course.

The PCB company is manufacturing bare boards, when they are completed we will then handbuild the PCB's (8 Pcs) using our new solder Paste printer & IR reflow oven.

We are hand building these first 8 PCB's as the PnP machine is scheduled to arrive in September - once its installed and commissioned we will build the other 30 odd streamer boards.

Currently the MDAC2 streamer solution supports Internet Radio, DLNA, Flash & SSD drive playback, Roon, Tidal, Spotify, YouTube Audio, External CD USB drive support & the option of internal 64GB flash memory for standalone playback. Unofficial Airplay is also available as a 3rd party plugin.

We support bit accurate 384KHz PCM and DSD256, the hardware's designed to support MQA (subject to a deal with Bob) and in the future I hope to support LMS / Squeezebox.

I silently hope that design makes it into production as well. :) I'd like as "bare bones" DAC as possible (no streamer or any >1GHz CPU inside), just gimme USB and SPDIF and I'm happy bunny. I theoretically don't need physical buttons or even the display, just near-pure analog stage goodness.

Both the above mentioned display options are interfaced to the streamer PCB which serves as the UI / touch panel driver.

Chris,

For MDAC2 yes just a single PnP production run (asides from the first 8 handbuilt Pcs) - the FDAC will have a different version optimised for its larger chassis and different internal layout.

The PCB company is manufacturing bare boards, when they are completed we will then handbuild the PCB's (8 Pcs) using our new solder Paste printer & IR reflow oven.

We are hand building these first 8 PCB's as the PnP machine is scheduled to arrive in September - once its installed and commissioned we will build the other 30 odd streamer boards.

Currently the MDAC2 streamer solution supports internet radio, DLNA, Flash & SSD drive playback, Roon, Tidal, Spotify, YouTube Audio playback, External CD USB drive playback & the option of internal 64GB flash memory for standalone playback. Unofficial Airplay is also available as a 3rd party plugin.

We support bit accurate 384KHz PCM and DSD256, the hardware's designed to support MQA (subject to a deal with Bob) and in the future I hope to support LMS / Sqeezebox.

Hi John, there's no mention of volumio as an audio player option?

Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back