advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong here thinking it should be Renata sending us reminding/informational emails to confirm choices?

Am I wrong here thinking it should be Renata sending us reminding/informational emails to confirm choices?

Indeed it should be. I'd like to be relaxing on my holiday right now, but have to follow this thread daily in case I miss anything (even doing this I still somehow miss/misinterpret some things it seems)!

Hi John,

I have emailed Renata for 1 Detox, UK plug.

Sorry to hear of your pet and tooth troubles during your Huntingdon visit - it certainly didn't show, and I really enjoyed your entertaining anecdotes :)

Best regards,

George

1 x UK Detox for me please.

BTW (I asked this before but it got lost) -will the streamer be compatible with my CDQ? Sadly it no longer reads disks -I just get "Reading Error". I'm using an SBT (hence the need for a Detox) but I wouldn't mind betting the streamer will have superior SQ...

Thanks.

Hi John,

last week I got the opportunity to listen to the Brinkmann Audio Nyquist DAC. FOR ME its the best-sounding DAC I've heard so far.

The DAC has streaming functionality, "individually optimized signal paths for every format“ (discrete DAC for DSD and 2x ES9018S for PCM) and a output stage with tubes:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/brinkmann-audio-nyquist-da-processor

I'm VERY excited to a comparison with the MDAC2! :)

Best regrads,
Uwe

Slightly disappointing measurements though,
https://www.stereophile.com/content/brinkmann-audio-nyquist-da-processor

Keith

The Brinkmann Nyquist costs $18,000

Ouch! That's a really individually optimized path to the wallet.

This Brinkman DAC looks great.... The FDAC will have a few more useful features but this maybe a worthy competitor. Perhaps others are getting ideas from this thread.

We have 81 Detoxs so far confirmed:-

UK 43 Pcs

EU 31 Pcs

US 7 Pcs

Apart from the first 7 units already confirmed we will drop the US version as it does not make sense to order such few 110V US style AC adaptors.

We need to Email those who have not confirmed there Units then within a couple of weeks place the onetime order for the Detox chassis.

At this time we have no plans for further Detox production batches.

UK 43 Pcs

EU 31 Pcs

US 7 Pcs

Apart from the first 7 units already confirmed we will drop the US version as it does not make sense to order such few 110V US style AC adaptors.

We need to Email those who have not confirmed there Units then within a couple of weeks place the onetime order for the Detox chassis.

At this time we have no plans for further Detox production batches.

Hi, John

I believe I have paid the Detox development fee. Please add me to the UK list. Therefore UK 44 pcs

Cheers,

Halook

Hi, John

1pcs Detox, EU.

Could you, please, remind, do we really need a power adaptor if Detox is used with self powered dac and that is only necessary with usb powered dac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back