advertisement

MDAC First Listen (Part 00101010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC your based in Australia? - so better go with the Ncores in case you have a service problem with the modified 8200MB's! its sods law that if ones to go flaky it will be a unit on the otherside of the world - and they are quite heavy...

I'd like to keep these hand modified "Tube" 8200MB's close to home in case of any problems.

Yes I am. I have only read good things about the ncores, plus I am a keen DIY er so they sound like a good fun project. Need to field some opinions from people that have heard them first however.

Yes I am. I have only read good things about the ncores, plus I am a keen DIY er so they sound like a good fun project. Need to field some opinions from people that have heard them first however.

I have a pair, and ran a HackerNap before.. Big upgrade over the HackerNAP, more accurate, faster and I find them more listenable. Feels like all they do is make what comes in louder, not adding any coloration to the sound.

Hi John,

I go away without net access for 10 days and it takes me another two weeks to catch up with developments.

I’m in on the Detox project and have just added my development cost payment. I may need two (see next post).

Great work on your analysis of the impact of the SMPS on the Regen.

Looking forward to the FDAC with CD slot loader.

It occurred to me, with the availability of rear panel space, if two USB inputs could be provided? I don’t know if I am atypical but I have 3 USB sources and a second USB input to switch to would be useful. After all 2 x SPDIF coaxial and 2 x SPDIF optical are the norms.

Out of curiosity I wonder how many, if any, would be interested in a second USB input.

Best wishes to yourself, Renata and the canines.

Roger.

Came to conclusion that Class D is not for me, but now i know

Hi LarsS

Are you able to be specific about what your distaste in nc400 is/was ...of course it's a personal thing at the end of the day, but nice to know what you did/didn't like! :)

My short list is nc400 (possibly BiAmp solution), Job-225 or Job-250 Monoblocks, or John's 8200MB (or later a Westlake designed alternative to VFET)!

Of course I would prefer to support Mr Westlake where I can, but I don't want to upgrading amps again in the very near future if I can help it.

Thanks

Thanks John - great work on measuring the Regen's SMPS.
Good work on effectively eliminating the 8Khz packet noise too.

Hi JohnW, Excellent post on the Linear PSU versus the Regen SMPS...alarmingly clear, even to a novice like me.

I think BobL knew this from just listening to the difference....I would say BobL has the ears required for an excellent Beta-tester for FDAC and DETOX....should he wish to accept the mission of course.

I personally would value his opinion (like yours) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back