advertisement

MDAC and universal controllers

Richard Kimber

pfm Member
I understand that the MDAC has unique IR codes for most functions, listed on the wiki.

Is there any way these can be utilised to set up a 'Oneforall' universal controller?

The Oneforall controller can learn by copying, but I can't see any way of generating a discrete input selection (e.g. COAX1) from the Audiolab remote controller, only up or down. If there is such a way, I'd be glad to hear about it, since that's probably the easiest solution.

I know some people have used the Logitech Harmony, but this is rather expensive and is probably overkill for what I want.

- Richard.

I'd like to know if the M-Dac's remote codes are compatible with another product. What I mean is I have a Universal remote which can be set to emulate a particular brand (usually multiple options of these brands)

I have been able to get it to control my Audiolab 8000S by setting it to a Philips code, but so far I've not found one that controls the M-Dac.

I think a basic harmony or JP1 remote would be the cheapest option here (or finding someone with access to one), as you could use it to generate signals which a learning remote could then reproduce

I think a basic harmony or JP1 remote would be the cheapest option here (or finding someone with access to one), as you could use it to generate signals which a learning remote could then reproduce

Thanks, but my final sentence was intended to head-off suggestions about alternative controllers. Perhaps I wasn't blunt enough ;)

- Richard.

advertisement

Back