advertisement

MConnect - Great Streaming Front End

DimitryZ

pfm Member
I am sure others have already discussed this.

This cheap app provides NAS, local and Tidal/Qobuz audio streaming to any DLNA renderer at native hires bitrates and even passes unmolested MQA, if that is important to you.

In my case it streams to baseline Sonore Microrendu and outputs to ProJect S2 Digital for a compact, capable network streaming solution. Interface is clean and functional, and settings are easy to understand - no endless, complex options of dubious usefulness.

In the past opinions were expressed that DLNA is an archaic protocol that can't handle hires content. At least in the modern hardware and software rendition it is a very capable system.

When I first got my Allo Digione I tried out both the MConnect & Bubble UPnP apps for streaming Tidal/Qobuz, I preferred Bubble UPnP as MConnect didn't do gapless playback. Unfortunately the Bubble app recently became very glitchy, either just stopping playback or randomly jumping to the next track in a playlist part way through a song, either way, extremely irritating. For this reason I decided to retry the MConnect app & low & behold, they have sorted the gapless problem & I've not suffered a single glitch in the couple of months I've been reusing it.
TS

When I first got my Allo Digione I tried out both the MConnect & Bubble UPnP apps for streaming Tidal/Qobuz, I preferred Bubble UPnP as MConnect didn't do gapless playback. Unfortunately the Bubble app recently became very glitchy, either just stopping playback or randomly jumping to the next track in a playlist part way through a song, either way, extremely irritating. For this reason I decided to retry the MConnect app & low & behold, they have sorted the gapless problem & I've not suffered a single glitch in the couple of months I've been reusing it.
TS
My experience is similar. Bubble just could not log me into Tidal and Qobuz - had a hard time recognizing Sonore - MConnect doesn't have these problems. Bubble doesn't pass-through MQA, while MC does.

No problems steaming hi res files from Qobuz either. Having said all this I do think the Bubble UPnP app has a nicer UI but there's not much in it & it doesn't mean a thing if the app won't even work properly.
TS

I've tried both, I do find that Bubbleupnp a better interface. I too have had a couple of occasions when it has stopped. Not happened often enough to see any pattern.

I've tried both, I do find that Bubbleupnp a better interface. I too have had a couple of occasions when it has stopped. Not happened often enough to see any pattern.
It was happening to me often enough to be a major irritant, the jumping to the next track when it was halfway through a song was particularly maddening, you'd lose yourself in a piece of music then all of a sudden you'd be listening to something else. I do agree with you about the interface but I can't live with the glitches.
TS

Looks nice and happy that it is a solid working media player. I am locked in to LMS and have been for years and all the players are LMS so not really for me but do appreciate the heads up and information it may come in handy if LMS ever does have the plug pulled on it .

I like MConnect too and used it for a while. Much better than LUMIN, Kazoo etc.

Now I'm using native apps such as TIDAL, BBC Sounds & Spotify & casting to Volumio over AirPlay. It's such a nice way to use the different services I think.

Just got a lumin d2, the mconnect and bubble were so much better than lumin's and kazoo apps.
However bubble was more responsive on an android phone + it seems to be the only one with "search within my favourites" feature which is critical to me.
Haven't had any glitches from either mconnect or bubble. I still use Lumin's just to control the device options.
Omer.

I simply chose MPD/DLNA app in Microrendu Sonic Orbiter Manage Local Webpage.

Then I use "Play To" icon in MConnect and chose Microrendu.

Thats it.

I did try it and it worked fine, but I don't see any way to play internet radio to the microrendu. As I spend a lot of time listening to Radio Paradise, I'd really like this functionality. Do you know if it is possible? Again, thanks.

It was happening to me often enough to be a major irritant, the jumping to the next track when it was halfway through a song was particularly maddening, you'd lose yourself in a piece of music then all of a sudden you'd be listening to something else. I do agree with you about the interface but I can't live with the glitches.
TS
Seem to be getting this with mconnect app on a smartphone , irritating

I’ve been using mconnect for a several years now and I haven’t had a problem. I am using it to stream locally stored files to a music server and a streamer in my second system, so that might be why I’ve not had similar issues.

advertisement

Back