advertisement

[WTD] MC cartridge <£700

Lurch

pfm Member
Today I have been a muppet and snapped the cantilever on my OC9xML whilst putting the guard on of all things.

I could possibly stretch a tad but would really like to keep the cost at sub £700. I am after all trying to reduce my investment in vinyl replay. My Bardo + 12" Enterprise mk4 will soon appear in the classifieds.

Cart will be going on an Acoustic Signature Manfred ii with AS TA-700 arm.

I’ve got a Koetsu Black Goldline I bought about 10yrs ago as a backup but have never used it. Can’t remember his name but seller lived in France and owned some serious kit, he bought it new while his coral was being serviced by koetsu and said he put around 500hrs on it

£600

Try Loud & Clear in Glasgow.
I got a Linn Krystal October 2022, which had been traded in, for £300.
It sounded a lot better than my Ortofon Cadenza Red on my LP12.
It hardly got used as I changed to a Dynavector high output DV20x2 as I changed to a Naim NSC 222 which does have a MC input.
I've still got it lying about if you're interested in it.

There's an ART9xa on ebay that was bought recently on hifi wigwam, if it's as low hours as advertised it's a good buy and a step up from the OC9 if your phono stage is ok with the output.

I have a Dynavector - XX1 Low Output cartridges with a solid boron cantilever, checked over and re-tipped by ESCO with a paratrace tip t the end of 2022. It sounds super! As I'm in the middle of working my way through a number of cartridges, I fitted it and played 5 (wet/vacuum cleaned) LPs, before putting it back in it's ESCO jewel box.

It's a stonkingly good cartridge.

Today I have been a muppet and snapped the cantilever on my OC9xML whilst putting the guard on of all things.

I could possibly stretch a tad but would really like to keep the cost at sub £700. I am after all trying to reduce my investment in vinyl replay. My Bardo + 12" Enterprise mk4 will soon appear in the classifieds.

Cart will be going on an Acoustic Signature Manfred ii with AS TA-700 arm.

Hello
I am the seller of the Art9XA that Chris Marshall mentioned is for sale on eBay. I also have it advertised at a better price (avoiding eBay fees) on hififorsale so if interested please contact me.
Regards David Fellows

I’ve got a Koetsu Black Goldline I bought about 10yrs ago as a backup but have never used it. Can’t remember his name but seller lived in France and owned some serious kit, he bought it new while his coral was being serviced by koetsu and said he put around 500hrs on it

£600
Is it boxed with stylus guard?

Just a mention as I had a Sugano Son (!) (post 2004 ish) Black Goldline over a decade ago and it was a lovely, gutsy cart.; full of life but it has an output of 0.6 mV, which was testing my then Naim Superline. There was also a Sugano SAN Goldline which predates 2003 or thereabouts (difference is gold-coloured plate or just gold-coloured letters, I think). Definitely the polar opposite to an AT in presentation, I'd imagine. Surprisingly, mine worked well on my SMEV (11g mass) but a lot better on my subsequent 12" chrome PU7 (circa 15 g mass). Went on to Urushi Vermillion (<3 mV) so bit of a disappointment at first but of course a better cart. nonetheless.

PS the K stylus guard is among the best out there.

Yeah I went from a Hana ML, to a K, BGL, then an RSP. The BGL knew how to party the same as the ML, but was also more refined, rich & detailed. The RSP just took things to a whole new level and was simply stunning, sold the RSP and initially stuck an EEI MCP555 on my Bardo/Enterprise4, then swapped to the OC9 that I've just trashed after auditioning it on an Acoustic Signature Manfred ii that I was moving to the Bardos wall shelf when the accident happened. Whilst a bit uncouth compared to the BGL & RSP, the OC9xML is an absolutely stonking cart for the money.

I have an Ortofon Kontrapunkt C retipped by ESC with a sapphire cantilever. Boxed with everything it came with from new. Not used since the retip.
Let me know if you’re interested.

Lyra Delos - retipped by audio origami and not used since available
I purchased new and have original box etc

Thanks everybody for the offers so far, I've put a few on my further research list.

However having had a further think, I don't really want to go down the retip route especially from ESCo as not a fan of the Patrace. Would also like to see if anybody has anything further down the food chain maybe in the £200 - £450 range. As I am ofcourse trying to reduce my investment in vinyl replay which was why I lunched the cart in the first place.

Hi lurch , ive got a ortofon cadenza blue , 150 ish hours purchased new from sound cinergy , still have reciept and box and fittings , got 2 arms on my kuzma turntable , prefer the hana ml , so the cadenza is not getting used , phil.

Hi lurch , ive got a ortofon cadenza blue , 150 ish hours purchased new from sound cinergy , still have receipt and box and fittings , got 2 arms on my kuzma turntable , prefer the hana ml , so the cadenza is not getting used , phil.
Cheers Phil, will stick it near the top of my list as this is probably near the top of the arms performance envelope. However I suspect this would really blow my budget considering its rrp and low hours.
You can PM me the price if you want.

advertisement

Back