advertisement

Massive Dev Chart on iphone / touch

Anex

Señor Member
Dudes, there's a Massive Dev chart app with timers for each stage etc. available for iphone and ipod touch:
http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?doc=mobile

Does 35mm, 120 and sheet films, seems to have everything that's listed on the website. The timer is slightly annoying in that it grows and shrinks, but it'll be nice to not have to keep starting and stopping the clock. Not sure if it does any beeping at the end of each stage, but I'll give it a go tonight or tomorrow and find out.

It's a shame the chart only cover B&W film, cause there's plenty of pushing and pulling to be had from Kodak colour films, Portra is quite happy to do at least three stop pushes (that's as far as I've got so far, going to give 6400 a go next time I'm in low light).

Something rather ironic here about using a digital camera (with phone attachment) to time the development of photographic film .

CHE

OK, it does beep at the end of each stage, which is quite handy, BUT it isn't the full dev chart. I only use DD-X for B&W developing because I don't do it often enough to be worth storing solution, it doesn't have some of the DD-X combinations that I know are on the website e.g. Neopan 400 @3200 is not listed on the phone app. I'm going to email the guy and find out why not.
It also doesn't let you add stuff to the DB which is annoying as it would be a really useful timer for E6 and C41.
If you use X-tol, you should be fine though, it seems to have everything in the world listed for that.

No there isn't, the iphone camera is a piece of crap.

I too wouldn't want the iPhone camera as my only piece of glass, but I do disagree with you that it's a piece of crap. It's not, it just has limitations. I'd much rather see images from the iPhone in the hands of a decent photographer, than those of someone who has no "eye" for an image but has all the latest kit and glass :D

EDIT: PS: Anex, why not make input into a new and better App and get your slice of the income from micro-app downloads :rolleyes:

I didn't say you can't do anything good with the iphone camera, I said it's a piece of crap. Which it largely is.

I don't think the Massive Dev chart would be that open to a rival app. to compete with the official one they already have. I've emailed the guy with my suggestions and will see what he says.

advertisement

Back