advertisement

Mark Grant Musings

Noise closer to source has a more corrupting effect on what the brain interprets as music than that which is in the acoustic venue of the listener

Who came up with this? Is this a Larryism? Anyway, whoever said it first is plain wrong.

What room treatments are you using btw, other than those provided by Mana Acoustics that induce in-room ringing?

Noise closer to source has a more corrupting effect on what the brain interprets as music than that which is in the acoustic venue of the listener, unless of course the noise in the room is really dreadful.

Hmmn. Care to expand?

Hmmn. Care to expand?

Which sounds worse?

A pocket radio playing a Fiona Apple tune and clipping as it tries to drive an acoustically perfect 10X17 listening room or Fiona live and in person and all soaped up singing to you in your horribly reverberant tiled shower stall?

Which is worse? A pocket radio playing a Fiona Apple tune and clipping as it tries to drive an acoustically perfect 10X17 listening room or Fiona live and in person and all soaped up singing to you in your horribly reverberant tiled shower stall?

Gah! I ****ing hate Fiona Apple.

Gah! I ****ing hate Fiona Apple.

fionaapple.jpg

So you'd kick her out of your shower stall?

Fiona has audiophile credibility? Wasn't aware of that. Perhaps there will be a cure one day.

I do find her voice kind of iffy at times but iffy is better than most of the dribble that's out there the last time I listened to pop.

Steven, my room has at least four times the volume of yours. It doesn't display any bad traits.

Neither does mine. Big rooms often pose bigger challenges as I have discovered on numerous occasions. Most challenges are overcome through good set up, although not all.

I have exhibited at Scalford all four years in three different rooms. The Rutland Suite was the most difficult of all and it was the largest.

advertisement

Back