advertisement

Mandolin Orange

Same here: I really like them.

I was introduced to them by my son bought me a copy of Blindfaller (which has Wildfire on it) a couple of years back, which is excellent. He grew up listening to my jazz, Indie and Americana records and CDs during car trips and it's the Americana that's left it mark ( his brother picked up the jazz baton). He also introduced me to the Wailing Jennies recently

Their entire discog is available for purchase on bandcamp and there are two live EPs available for free download also on bandcamp.

Some more - nicely filmed and recorded.

It's vids like these that make me yearn for the days that I had a HD projector set up in a dedicated listening space with sound piped through my stereo rig. We're spoiled for choice these days with great ways to get immersed without staring into an imaginary soundstage.

Name change to Watchhouse as of this month.

Ref. Wiki -

In April 2021, the band announced that moving forward, they would change the group's name from Mandolin Orange to Watchhouse. Of the change, Martin said "Mandolin Orange was born out of my 21-year-old mind. The name isn't what I strive for when I write" and that Watchhouse is a name that reflects their "true intentions" as a band.[4]

Just delivered and am now playing "Tides of a Teardrop" - sublime..................... :) Beautiful in all ways on LP.

Same here: I really like them.

I was introduced to them by my son bought me a copy of Blindfaller (which has Wildfire on it) a couple of years back, which is excellent. He grew up listening to my jazz, Indie and Americana records and CDs during car trips and it's the Americana that's left it mark ( his brother picked up the jazz baton). He also introduced me to the Wailing Jennies recently

Love the Wailin Jennys.
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

advertisement

Back