advertisement

Mains IEC Connectors, I never realised !!

Makes sense. 60 dB, normal speaking voice, to 70, clearly audible. 70-80, likewise. But at the extremes, no.
Not really it's only at one extreme ie -xdB that it ceases to matter. It's not about going up by 10dB but about dropping something down by 10dB. Once it is below the level you can hear it doesn't matter whether it gets lower.

One: I'm not giving advice. Two: It's brought, not bought (buy/bought; bring/brought). Three: You are correct, I don't have knowledge of electrical reg's as I'm not an electrician. Four: Which is why I've mentioned sth relevant that I'd just been told. Five: The 2 reg's are: 537-04-01 and 537-04-04, which cover the same ground. You would know of these, of course, and I've no evidence or intuition that this info. is incorrect, as you say it is.

As I'm happy to learn, if you refute the validity of these reg's as you appear to do, I'll be happy to be corrected.

I suggest you should purchase a copy of BS 7671

This worth a read.

Those of you with TT power have to treat Neutral as hazardous and install two pole isolators. The local earth is not treated as reliable.

I just mentioned that in another cable thread🤣
No replies yet...
If it’s the Naim/Pardo one, I was disappointed nobody bit to enquire about my recommendation of C2G power cables, those being the first recommendation Amazon gave me at a cost of something a bit under £3 for a 1.5m

If it’s the Naim/Pardo one, I was disappointed nobody bit to enquire about my recommendation of C2G power cables, those being the first recommendation Amazon gave me at a cost of something a bit under £3 for a 1.5m
That's the one. Give it time, might be too high end though!

advertisement

Back