advertisement

[WTD] Mains conditioner / output

fraser.

pfm Member
Due to continued shuffling around of the listening room I'm considering using a separate box, or at least a fancy extension lead to manage the cabling. Ideally I'd like a half decent looking solution, similar to the audiolab 6 output offering but not at that price. I'm well into the 'no idea what I'm looking at' territory here, so could do with some help.

My mains isn't great, with most amps noticeably humming between certain hours of the day, and generally lots of nasties, possibly due to the amount of electronics all plugged into extension sockets currently, i.e lots of laptops, monitors, usb docks, webcams etc.

Budget is around £200 for something I'm happy to have on the shelf, less if it needs hidden. I need about 4 output sockets as a minimum.

Get a DC blocker to stop the transformers humming and then plug into that a mains extension block with built in choke EMI filter to get rid of the switching power supply noise.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi Fraser,
I have a Belkin Pure AV PF30 mains power conditioner .
In as new condition , all cables stickers paperwork still in the box unused.
Only reason for sale is I can no longer fit this in my system rack & had to switch to a Belkin power strip.
Could be ideal for your needs £55 including UK delivery

I've a very beautiful and effective James audio conditioner. Although I'll want a bit more than £200

advertisement

Back