advertisement

Mahler Symphony No. 2 ‘The Resurrection’ - Could I blag a "tape" of it?

snowflake

Former Albino Ape
Folks,

I'm going to an orchestral study day shortly, to play the above piece, having no idea what it sounds like it may be an idea to have a listen!

Could any kind soul out there possibly rip me a CD with it on?

Or rip it to a flac and I could download form an interweb location, or something hi-tech like that?

Ta

S

Go buy it , its a great bit of Music and well worth owning, Otto Klemperers version does it for me , others may disagree. Amazon ...£9 its first one to come up if you type in Mahler symphony no.2 in classical music on Amazon.

Go buy it , its a great bit of Music and well worth owning, Otto Klemperers version does it for me , others may disagree. Amazon ...£9 its first one to come up if you type in Mahler symphony no.2 in classical music on Amazon.

Zener - Normally I would, but I'm a bit skint and not a big classical fan!!

A quick google of 'Mahler+Symphony+2+download' turned up this. It appears that you can listen to it all.

Tony.

...having no idea what it sounds like...

Loud, ideally.

... not a big classical fan!!

This could be the one! A damascene moment for me (and Simon Rattle).

(What instrument are you playing? Brass or percussion with any luck...)

A quick google of 'Mahler+Symphony+2+download' turned up this.

Zenner's suggestion (or the Rattle version) are standard recommendations. I'm sure this would do the trick though, I was at the concert and it was a pretty exciting performance. Rubbish soloists, mind.

Duncan,

Tenor trombone..................is there another instrument?? (80,2,3,4, 81,2,3,4, 82,2,3,4) - sure am learning to count

Its a local (Northern) outfit called the cobwebs orchestra, they do study days and the likes.

I have best heard it described as a "school orchestra" for grown ups.

I believe this particular one is being shored up by a few professionals with solo graduates from the RNCM.

s

snowflake,
I can only echo the positive words on the Klemperer. It is my favorite classical recording of all time. I'd say there is a direct link between not owning this record and "not a big classical fan!!" Spend the 7 quid. Because you're worth it.

Carl

Ok................

I'll get my hands in my pocket and go for the Klemperer..................

Thanks to all

s

advertisement

Back