advertisement

Mac UPnp

asa0500

Help Needed. I have just purchased a Nac-N-172xs, and are thinking of using my Macbook as a Server / Storage device. Can anyone help as far as the best way to set up a system like this, and recommend any Server software to use with the macbook. Thanks all.

You can try Asset UPnP. It's one of the best, but has been Windows only until 6 months ago when a beta version for Mac OS came out. Instructions in the first post on the link. Thanks!

Asa0500, interested to see you have a Nac-N-172xs. When you have it up and running I would be interested to hear what you think, and what system you are using it in?

Hope you get it sorted.

nitrous.

I have a mac Pro (tower) I am trying out as a music sever, seems to work ok with Audirvana. In my ignorance I wondered why sever software is necessary?

Thanks for the info. I have actually been in contract with Yazsoft earlier regarding Playback, so its great to hear that is was successful for "backtovinyl". I will download it over the next few days and post my thoughts. I only have a small system, Nac N 172XS, NAP 200 and a pair of SBL's, but will let you know my thoughts. Cheers Guys. ASA

advertisement

Back