advertisement

M Dac Plus Power Toggle ?

Wayne C

pfm Member
I have the above Dac but I find it a pain to switch the power on via the rear on off switch, you can put this unit into stand by via the button on the front. As I switch all my equipment off when I’ve used them I was wondering why they use this on off switch?, and is it ok to put it into stand by then just turn off at the mains please?.

The rear switch probably sits on the incoming mains, in which case switching the mains elsewhere will do exactly the same thing. Regardless, I can't imagine how switching off the power could in any way harm the device. It's not like a computer where there may be unsaved data or industrial equipment that could cause mayhem if not shut down in the proper sequence.

If it does exactly the same thing why do the put this on off switch on it please, it seems pointless to me as when you switch it from 0-1 it just goes straight to stand by?.

If it does exactly the same thing why do the put this on off switch on it please, it seems pointless to me as when you switch it from 0-1 it just goes straight to stand by?.
Maybe it's for people who want to switch off the power completely and can't do it conveniently by other means. You'd have to ask the designers. It's not exactly uncommon to have such a switch on things.

advertisement

Back