advertisement

m-dac not locking onto signal and resetting

vince2525

Hi
Can anyone help with my problem. Just purchased audiolabs m-dac today, set it up with squeezebox touch via coax1, satellite receiver via opt1. Music plays fine for a few minutes through the squeezebox and then it stops and on the screen it shows as unlocked and after a few seconds the m-dac resets itself, comes back on for a second and switches back off. I can't even get a locked signal through the satellite receiver. I've checked all cables and even reset dac to factory settings. I am running this through roksan kandy amp.

Hi
Can anyone help with my problem. Just purchased audiolabs m-dac today, set it up with squeezebox touch via coax1, satellite receiver via opt1. Music plays fine for a few minutes through the squeezebox and then it stops and on the screen it shows as unlocked and after a few seconds the m-dac resets itself, comes back on for a second and switches back off. I can't even get a locked signal through the satellite receiver. I've checked all cables and even reset dac to factory settings. I am running this through roksan kandy amp.

Dear Vince,

Sorry, but it sounds like you have a faulty MDAC - before you return it you could confirm your Mains voltage.

Press and Hold the Volume Knob as you power-up the MDAC, the voltage should be above 15V

John

I had it connected to a tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner and Radio Frequency Interference Filter.
Connected it straight into mains power point and sound is now coming through satellite receiver and music from squeezebox has been playing constantly for over 10 minutes. Is this a coincidence or could the mains conditioner have been the root of the problem?

I had it connected to a tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner and Radio Frequency Interference Filter.
Connected it straight into mains power point and sound is now coming through satellite receiver and music from squeezebox has been playing constantly for over 10 minutes. Is this a coincidence or could the mains conditioner have been the root of the problem?

Very hard to say - It might have been the problem (Or a loose connection) - if the issue does occur once again, Check the mains voltage... if its above 15V then the mains supply is OK...

advertisement

Back