advertisement

Lyra delos or Dynavector XX2

There is quite a few very good cartridges around the £1k mark it seems,

Dynavector,Lyra, & Benz

Oh nearly forgot Ortofon and Transfiguration!

I own Denon 103, 103R, Lyra Titan i, Skala, Helikon, Delos, Olympos SL, Kleos and the Olympos is the best sounding unit, Kleos the worst (from Performance, what a Cartridge can do, sounding like the real thing, not what someone "likes"). I also had a more expensive cartridge from Koetsu (Coralstone, RSP, Onyx), but they can't be taken serious, their prices are rolled with a dice and the performance is beaten by Delos by a wide margin.

Interesting!

A chap from vinyl asylum!

No surprise there...Lyras have always been bright sounding cartridges, very 'hi fi'.That excessive treble emphasises detail. A lot of people enjoy that sound, which is why Lyra prosper.

The Lyra Delos is certainly not a bright cartridge and gives a quite a neutral balanced sound in my Gyrodec & SME V

Not sure about the compatibility with the WT but Audio Note's range of carts are worth a look, i heard an io on a Kuzma deck and it was very good.

I will certainly be looking at the mm offerings when the time comes, the mc's are out of my price range:)

Si.

I bought an XX2Mk2 to replace a Linn Troika on an Aro.

At the demo, I compared it to a DV20XL; the improvements in detail etc from the XX2 were clear, but there was something about the DV20 that I found beguiling. I bought the XX2 in the end, but subsequently bought a used DV20 that I fitted to an LP12 AO250.

The latter is certainly a little softer and rounder than the XX2/Aro, and I can imagine some people preferring it.

I heard a Lyra Delos on the end of a AO PU7/LP12 and it sounded pretty good to my ears, and it would certainly be on my list if I was on the market for a new cartridge; it's at a good price point too.

I've not heard the new DV20XL2 or the 17D3, though I did run a 17D2 on the Aro before I had the Troika re-tipped at ESCO. In that particular case, I was relieved to return to the Troka as I found the 17D2 a bit bass light at times.

advertisement

Back